TV not switching on again

Ah, OK - I didn’t realise there were two dishes involved.

Finally, after a reply from Manhattan which helpfully gave me step by step instructions to do a factory reset, I have all my channels back again in one place on the EPG.

Just waiting now for the new card to arrive from Fransat and hopefully will have my French tv back next week.

I won’t be messing with Humax or recordings or switching this obviously very delicate tv off again. :wink: :joy:

Edit: Text from Fransat, the card has been posted so I may have a result this week instead of next. :joy:

Success! The new card, which lasts for 4 years, arrived this morning and, replacing the old, one has booted up nicely.
I read the letter which came with it and followed the instructions to check through all 26 channels. All clear but after 26 I carried on and, although there are some large gaps where no channels exist, went right up to 106 before the barred ones started at 107. :joy:
So very happy now with both Manhattan and Fransat working perfectly. And I won’t be turning the tv off again, except with everything else at the mains each night. :wink: :rofl:

Edit: Oh dear, spoke too soon. I left it running on Arte while I was doing other things. Later on I realised it was off and I assumed that Fransat has an auto-off so booted that again and tried to turn the tv on. No good, so switched to Manhattan, same result. Off at the mains, just like overnight, no. Diconnect the 2-way switch and connect first Manhattan and then Fransat directly to the tv, no. Took the batteries out of the remote, pressed OK an 0 at same time, replaced batteries, no. Finally switched off at the mains and left it for half an hour, no.

Doing other things for the moment but I’ll try with the small tv later, if that is ok it must be the tv and if so it’ll have to go.

Little tv works fine, what else could it be but the big tv? The small red standby light is flashing all the time normally that turns blue at switch on, which can only be done by the remote, there is no on/off switch.

Edit again: Tried again just now, about an hour later I suppose and the big tv swiched on. :astonished: There is no rhyme or reason to its antics, there is obviously a fault somewhere but for the moment back on it and on Arte, but I will make sure to click something before the auto off cuts in again. Anyway, I will be back on Freesat for the Channel 4 news soon and I think I have been able to cancel the auto switch off on that.

3 Likes