UK prepaid phonecards

I have a French mobile phone subscription and can use the phone on visits to the UK albeit paying international rates (as you would expect). I have a dual SIM phone so in principle I could have a UK SIM as well. Does anyone have experience of UK pay as you go cards with no monthly commitment, and no time limit to use your prepaid minutes?
Dave

Not sure if it’s quite what you want but I’ve now got a Giffgaff sim card in my android phone which allows me two sim cards - so a sosh card and giffgaff.

This thread might give you some info/ideas.

is your topic title a bit misleading?
Prepaid phone cards are something different to sim cards.

1 Like

I carry a small old phone when out running, solely in case of emergency. Have tried several SIM suppliers for this phone, eventually settled on 1p mobile. There is a committment to spend £30 a year though. However I know the phone is always ‘live’ and I dont have to worry about credit running out just when I need it.

@DJH Like Sue, I have a GiffGaff card. The credit never runs out provided you dont use it all to buy a Package. I have it for use by one of my UK banks who insist on the UK mobile number for sending verification texts but that, and emergencies, is all I use it for. I put £10 on it to start with and have hardly used any of it… Only thing to remember is to send a text (or phone) once a month to ensure it stays live.

I understand that Three does the same but my requested SIM never arrived from them which is why I stuck with GiffGaff, who will send a SIM to France if you go to their site to order one.

1 Like

Thanks to all who replied.
As I failed to buy a house in England in 2022, I won’t be visiting as often as I hoped, so will stick with my French mobile only. But if things change I will certainly look into GiffGaff.
Thanks again.

1 Like