UK state pension - direct to France or to currency company>

My OH got hers paid into our CA account. I’m, of course, too young…

Hi Jane… yes, OH and I both got ours direct into our French bank account… yippee.

I got mine paid into CA… my OH is of course too young… :rofl:

1 Like

Hum. Wouldn’t that be nice if it would happen to the winter fuel allowance too

Hear! hear! Maybe we should get one of those online petitions going? Here in Gers it’s currently -2C, my living room is 10C (heating comes on soon…). The other morning it was -4C outside and my living room was 7C! That faceless civil servant who stupidly decided to include the DOM-TOMs in their calculations needs to come over and face the reality of France in winter.

1 Like

From their point of view it was a genius, move to reduce payments.

2 Likes

I have had my state pension paid into my CA account for a couple of years. Very little difference between the best exchange rate. Max difference was €4 , mostly around €1 to €2. And, no hassle! I think I decided to change due to advice from this website.

1 Like

…not stupidly

If you read the site Colin? published a link for yesterday, the DWP lies and lies, and lies. Benefitsandwork.co.uk

The DWP has also just been torn apart by a Patliamentary Committee for longstanding incompetence and neglect of pensioners. In only one area of the four or so major areas they have been found to be nasty, negligent or incompetent in recent years. The incompetence going back to the 1980’s.