UPDATE 24 June: Wise vs Revolut - transfer speed

torFX who I referred to earlier will fix the rate for you - the offer of providing my contact’s details still stands.
I repeat the disclaimer: I have no association with torFX other than as a satisfied customer and my recommendation provides no commission base for me.
You can talk to him directly and discuss your specific requirements. It really is “horses for courses”

Yes please @graham . At the moment I have applied to Wise but am held up by their insistance on me having a smartphone to send photos of myself and an ID document. The only way I can send photos is by email.

Still waiting to hear back from Wise but in the meantime I checked up with Yorks Bank to see if their daily limit of online transfers was still £1,000. It is, but payments by debit cards have a limit of £30,000 :astonished:

I don’t pretend to know why this is and it seems to me that cards are more risky but obviously not. But this would mean that my ‘normal’ transfer amount of £5,000 would be possible in one go thereby eliminating the risk of a lower exchange rate 5 days later.

Also, and I was beginning to worry that I could spend a week sending money only for someone to go bust on the final day. Perhaps a daily transfer, risking a drop in rate, is the safest way after all. :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

sent PM with the details as requested.

Thanks @graham been a busy weekend but have sent an email just now. :smiley:

1 Like

I registered for both Wise and TorFX, or at least thought I had but in both cases came up with a blank wall. With Wise the help button was of no use it just led me through a stream of questions non of which were relevant, but with TorFX, an email to the chap I first contacted produced a phone call from a real human being and she went through the whole process on the phone. :grinning:

So fingers crossed I might be able to do something next week as she said an assigned account manager will contact me within the hour. It might be a bit close to the close of the week though but I have my bluetooth in my ear just in case. :wink:

Finally got it all sorted with TorFX and did a test transfer of £1,000.
The rate I got was 1.13, less than a cent in commission as the BBC rate was around 1.1360, so less than WorldWide would have taken.
Also I like the way you can pause halfway through and watch the rate change counter. If it is rising you can hang on a bit, if falling, abort or press really quickly. :joy:
Thanks again @graham . :grinning:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll find them very easy to deal with.
So pleased you got it sorted in the end.