URSSAF Payments or Private Health Insurance

I don’t think so, still getting reports it is hard work!

URGENT - please can you provide the link you refer to stating it is not strictly true that PHI must be in place before 31/12/20 for people to prove they were legally resident in France. Unfortunately there appears to be more and more people in the situation of not having PHI in place before 31/12/20 for their WA RP application to be accepted. To have proof that this is not necessarily critical would bring great relief to many applicants. Thank you.

I’m possibly losing the plot… but it’s been a long day…

what is WARP ???

Hi Joyce, I have checked with the rest of my team and I don’t have a link. It came from one of the weekly QandAs we have with the embassy/ministry of interiors. We have been using this advice for months and have many people with accepted CDS applications and not a single one who has come back to say anything to the contrary. It is the same for setting up a business etc, this did not need to be done by the end of last year but by time of application. The important date was physically being here by 31/12 and then you have until June to get ducks in a row and complete the applications.

It seems there are certain groups all over the internet who have whipped themselves into a frenzy about what would and wouldn’t be required (even before the decree came out) and can’t seem to accept that they WARP has FAR more lenient rules than other types of CDS . I really do hope you can reassure people to just put their applications in and I truly hope that there haven’t been people have left their homes here as a result of this incorrect information.

I wish I could give you a link (I’d like to see it in black and white too :smile:) but there doesn’t appear to be one. I can understand you not believing me, perhaps in order to help all these people you have mention you could contact the embassy directly yourself to see if you can get confirmation from them. Please though let them know it is time of application not 31/12.

2 Likes

Are you asking as part of your job @Joyce_Hartley? I had assumed you were just a civilian like the rest of us but perhaps not? Or are you just a super helper in your village like lovely @Stella seems to be in hers?! Being nosey I just wondered who the”many applicants” you refer to were since your profile doesn’t say “Joyce Hartley, CDS advisor, RIFT” or “Joyce Hartley, Handholders of France” or such? No problem if you’d rather not say, as I say I’m just an inquisitive (nosey :joy:) person.

2 Likes

Withdrawal Agreement Resident’s Permit…

I heartily agree with you… many folk are seriously worried in my area … and for no good reason that I can put my finger on… they just tell me… “but we’ve heard” … or… “but we’ve read it somewhere”.

I keep repeating what the French govt promised… that for folk who are seriously here by 31/12/20 … they have until the following June to get things together and make their application for CdS WA.

:wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers Jane… as I said… it’s been a long day and my brain is on the blink…

I always think of it as Carte de Sejour Withdrawal Agreement

hence CdS WA

:roll_eyes: :wink:

Thank you for your response but I am disappointed that you are unable to provide an official link. I am aware that there are rumours that certain Prefectures are taking a pragmatic approach to an acceptable health insurance policy being in place by 31/12/20, but these are only rumours. Only time will tell, hopefully no-one genuinely wishing to become a French resident will be refused.

See the post I have just written re embassy event,

2 Likes

@JaneJones Jane, thanks for posting the discussion regarding this from the British Embassy Outreach Event thread. Whilst not being a ‘formal’ part of the Withdrawal Agreement, it’s great to know how Health Insurance is being treated in practice.

Your background work and help to guide us through this period is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I’m sorry you are disappointed, I’m just passing on the information that I have from official sources. It would be a shame for people to miss out on thier WARP because of it. Maybe a good idea if you aren’t confident to tell people about this then you could repost the associations providing a free service that I posted on another thread so people can confirm for themselves. Perhaps the embassy will put something online after the outreach event discussion.

1 Like

No one I know is talking about WARP… French and Brits are talking about Carte de Sejour in my area…

Is there some official reason why we should be using WARP ??? I’m not arguing, seriously wondering, that’s all…

Sounds like one of those situations where because it’s been used to distinguish from the regular CdS some people have gone all Hyacinth Bucket and decided to use that instead of what we all know it as. :joy:

4zmp2n

Yes, I’m bored and going a little stir crazy :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Nothing so far…which is a shame as it’s hot topic. I also hope people realise that you will need proof of health insurance to apply to CPAM if you are an inactif. And late arrivals are not presuming they can wait until March, apply to CPAM on basis of 3 months residence, and then apply for your CdS once they have got into CPAM.

1 Like

@JaneJones Thanks Jane, I should have asked for clarification on that point earlier; I sent my CPAM application off yesterday, as an inactive, without proof of my private insurance assuming it was just needed for WARP application (I shouldn’t assume).
At least I now know what to expect when CPAM reject my application or ask for my private insurance.

Interestingly, I just checked the formulaire for applying and there’ now no mention of it. Presumably why you didn’t imclude it as weren’t asked to!

https://www.ameli.fr/sites/default/files/formulaires/168/s1106_-demande_puma-_assurance_maladie.pdf

So maybe this is fake news and you won’t even be asked anymore.

There was a period where EHICs were accepted as showing cover, and then most areas rejected those and asked for proof of health insurance. And maybe now there’s nothing…

Please do report back…

1 Like

@toryroo just an update, that I inadvertently applied to CPAM to get a social security number, but they won’t look at me until I have applied for WA RP.
Better get cracking on that one now…

Proof of application for a residency permit will be required if they apply for any French social security entitlements

Chris, they are not supposed to do that, they don’t have the right to ask for CDS until the 01/10/21, until that point all rights are maintained. I have a letter from the embassy that sets out the WA rights stating this for use at CPAM / PE etc. If you want a copy to take to them PM me your email.

1 Like

@toryroo thank you, will do.