Vitamin B12 injections while visiting

You can get the ampoules no problem, about €3 for 6 it seems. The syringes are a bit more difficult. You can bring both with you with a Uk prescription or letter, so that would be by far the easiest. Inregularky travel between France and UK with prescription drugs and syringes, and the border guards don’t raise an eyebrow.

Could well be, I will get my bloods checked as looking into this from your thread, I had my ileum removed and that seems to be linked.

Hope you have a great trip and get the b12 sorted.

Not sure, mine refused the test and told me to take Berrocas!!! Cue me having an ear worm of ‘b b berroccas give you b b bounce’ 1980/90 Aussie as in my head the rest of the day :rofl:

Hope you change doctor. Berroccas are just sweets, naf all useful in them, all advertising no content.

I was a bit shocked tbh. There was also something she gave dh which made him really unwell, not her fault, his body (antihistamine), which in the end was best thing ever as realised he’d had a massive reaction and that led us to the gluten issue which has changed our lives! The road is a PITA, she’s only open 3 days a week BUT I like her, feel comfortable with her ect. Just wish the b±£@h in the village would retire so I can go there! She made me cry as a mum with a nightmare 2 year old and not a full nights sleep in all that time (plus low iron and maybe B12 :rofl: )

1 Like

Jeez! Seems a universal problem then…

You absorb B12 in the ileum so it is definitely linked! Good luck with the blood tests x

1 Like

Thank you so much Jane. Syringes won’t be a problem but I’d love to be able to buy B12 OTC as you can’t here in the UK. I will definitely bring a letter as that seems sensible.

‘Does you know’…!! See, rubbish spelling and general dodgy brain is a clear symptom of B12 deficiency! :crazy_face:

1 Like

That’ll bee it than :joy:

Well it’s currently a great reason/excuse for everything…‘Its my Deficiency!!’ :rofl: