Warning

I know that the FCO doesn't send out these emails. They don't have the time or money!! You are just advised to register your presence in a country at the nearest Consulate. This is just in case there is an emergency and they can contact all British citizens. Saying that, we have been here nearly 13 years and, after a lifetime in the FCO, still haven't registered!!!

Let's get 'em Robin!

It's my latex and neoprene suit with cute pointy ears - it inspires me

Good thinking Batwoman, must do the same...

I'm putting it on Facebook and Twitter as well.

It has now popped up for the fourth time, so it is on a server that is simply pumping it out at random which means I hope we can warn a lot of people - just in case.

Totally agree. I went back and doublechecked the last one I received from the FCO and the link went directly to the government's https site.

I have received very convincing looking emails from BNP Paribas and HSBC and reported them to the HO. I actually hold an account with HSBC so that could have been very unfortunate if I hadn't noticed the errors.

Scammers are getting clever, that is my real point. But with reduced resources for the Civil Service the FCO might be getting sloppier, either way it is always worth checking.

Thank you for the warning because I am actually registered with the FCO for Shaun's sake.