Well pump mmmmmmmm

An Artisan/Worker should have the 10 year insurance which covers faulty workmanship and faulty product provided/used …
Others will know more about this, but this is the vague info I was given some time ago

1 Like

Our first house in France, in the Aude, had all the plumbing and electrics ripped out by an awful Tennant. We made use of a local municipal campsite to shower a couppe of times a week but day to day I had a clean wood plank and a bucket of water. Splash wet, soap up with a flannel and hair if needed then dump rest of bucket over me to rinse! Worked really well!

1 Like

If all goes pear shaped and you end up replacing but would still like to repair let me know. DH has about a 80-90% success rate on fixing stuff, knows his stuff and stubborn as a mule!!! We have a €1600 fridge we bought ‘as new’ but broken for €50. I gave up on the idea after about 2 weeks but he carried on and by about 3 weeks had my gorgeous fridge working! Shame it now has a teenage fist dent in it :japanese_ogre:

You have my sympathy :hugs:

The husband, the stubbornness or the teenager?? :rofl:

1 Like

Yagosodee Car Body Dent Repair Tools,Paintless Dent Repair Puller Kit,5 pcs different size glue tabs for Car Dent Removal, Minor dents and Hail Damage Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Very kind of you @toryroo :+1::+1: your husband sounds like an absolute star!

Speaking with a couple of friends today and now, knowing it’s actually the pump that’s failed and not anything else, I’m not going to touch the pump until I’m in contact with the original installer who I suspect is on Aug vacation! So maybe a week of ‘middle ages living’ left! Now very ready to tackle him about it though, armed with info :+1::+1::+1: and even sent a message to Grunfos to ask if it’s normal for a 15+ year lifespan pump to fail after just 3 years, just to drive a reaction :grin:

Life currently seems to be dominated by this damn pump!

2 Likes

I’m just scared we’ll make it worse! Currently have a magnet saying ‘domestically disabled’ covering it (only thing for first time in life, used to have kid covered ugly white fridges!!)

Reviews a bit crap! Have you used it?

Try my bucket trick, honestly you get really clean!

My Brother has one as he seems to collect dents. It may not be that exact one as many are advertised and that was just illustrative.
On to reviewers, sadly people some how believe they as unskilled people can buy something from amazon and it makes them competent. I recently purchased some more lock picks, apparently these are also crap as many found they couldnt open their locks. Wouldnt be much point in having locks if buy a tool from Amazon suddenly turned everyone into a locksmith!
52% of Brits were proven to be idiots (Brexit) that number could probably be applied the world over for a big list of topics. We engineers have a feel for things electrical and mechanical that are simply not present in others.

4 Likes

Having supplied a fair few pumps (mainly for swimming pools) many cime with a 1 year guarantee but under EU rules that should be 2 years unless otherwise stated. With mass production some get lucky others not, it could be a capacitor failure which is not uncommon, good luck with Grundfos, usually a good product and maybe they will support the repair after 3 years. We had a failure of a sump pump at work last week, a capacitor failure. Thats an expensive pump at £1300 as it has to pump liquids up to 90c that will go off for repair as its 2 years old but works in a pretty hostile environment.

Well it was for the teenager dent on the fridge but whichever you feel is most appropriate :grin::+1:

1 Like

During the whole process to try and get this pump issue sorted out, someone raised a point about using well water, and suggested that well water was also required to be metered and paid for, even though it is on your private land.

Both my fosse septiques and well are declared clearly to the authorities, and for the fosse septiques, the same as everyone else, has an inspection every 4 years.

I know there are others that have wells as their source of water to the property, so I’d be very interested to know:

*a)who has a well as their main source of water, *
*b)if the well water is metered in any way, and *
c)if it is controlled in any way by the authorities

Thanks as I’m fascinated to receive any info on this

PS and if there is anyone that actually knows what is or isn’t required with a well as far as metering and checks are concerned

Friends have a well which is the only supply they use. It’s not been metered in all the 17 years they’ve been here.
On the other hand… there is a separate SAUR supply (never used) which is checked once/twice a year and the zero duly noted.

1 Like

I was just doing some research after this point was made to me and interestingly, it looks like there is actually a household limit that you can draw from a well of 1,000m3/year (2,700 litres/day equivalent), afterwhich different regulations apply.

Yes, this is a very very large amount of water, so I would guess that most households fall within this limit quite easily, and unless you’re running some sort of nursery or waterpark at your property, or have an enormous water intensive family, the authorities are very well aware of how difficult this limit would be to breach, so don’t take any action.

I have a friend in the area who had a well on his property when he bought the place, covered it over, but uses it for loos and showers and the like. Nobody at all knows that it is there and he is using it :scream:

On the other hand, we have a well on the edge of our property which was used regularly by locals in the hameau when I first bought the house and the water was tested by the authorities every couple of months to ensure the quality was safe. It certainly isn’t tested now and it most definitely isn’t safe to drink so I imagine the rules on testing must have changed in the interim.

there’s an old stone well on our property, to which the public have access… never been tested in all the years we’ve been here… certainly (would) wouldn’t(!) consider drinking from it… it’s got ferns/lichens/toads etc all happily cohabiting in its damp surroundings

Shouldn’t that read ‘wouldn’t’ @Stella :smiley:

1 Like

might depend on how much red wine I’d imbibed…

1 Like