What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

The absolutely beautiful sunsets here in South Burgundy. They make me happy most evenings!

11 Likes

First V formation of geese flying over head.
Arriving to over winter in Scotland. I will miss their honking sounds.
Time for us too to head south…
2 more weeks and we are on our way to a new adventure in France.

6 Likes

All the best with your exciting move!

3 Likes

Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight.
A beautiful day here just a few kilometres from Marijkeh.
Sunday lunch on the terrace.

7 Likes

Isn’t it a beautiful day? Bon appetit Jane. I hope you are well!

I am recovering from a gastro and an infection, but I think that, at last, the antibiotics seem to have got hold of it.
We had a lovely lunch and it was a pleasure.
How is your thesis going?

1 Like

Hello Jane. I am really sorry to hear you have been so ill. Fingers crossed you are feeling on top of the world again very soon! All good with me, thank you, I have graduated now. I will try and give you a call for a catch-up.

1 Like

Excellent news. Look forward to hearing from you.

Not quite the same, but maybe you will witness the Grue’s on their way south?

5 Likes

I hope so, there are a few lakes nearby, our area could be a stop over for migrating birds on the way south… have the binoculars and will keep a look out.

2 Likes

You will definitely hear them ( les grues) before you see them, but better be quick as their migration starts roughly about mid-october. image
Amazing to watch…

3 Likes

Was a bit doubtful of ever getting the stove to fire up again, after torrential rain, my twigs were all dripping. But… Special Bio Actifeu …fom the epi, were unstoppable. Egg and squashed spuds, sizzling, in a couple of minutes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Perfect Hot Choccy, at 6 am.
Smoke free, big heat!
Cost …nothing! Byebye EDF.

5 Likes

Getting much better at handling my bike!
Cycled into town in drizzle this afternoon to buy lamb cutlets and a bottle of red from our butcher. There and back in just over ten minutes, hardly damp. Bag of meat and wine on the pannier.

I used to be a bit nervous when cars and trucks overtook me, but nary a wobble now, and enjoying the experience hugely at 81.

Feel like a young lad again.

7 Likes

Looks like a mini-Popacatopetl :hotsprings:

Hope you are recovered from your recent illness Jane. My image of you veers towards the indestructible and invincible, but it’s a bit silly.

1 Like

My wife returned from the UK!!!

6 Likes

Peter, do have a Go Pro, would love to ‘see’ your journey :smile:

1 Like

Will defo check out Go-Pro, sounds cool :upside_down_face:

“We aim to please!” :hugs:

PS Looks expensive…:thinking:

1 Like

There are many lookey-likey version very similar to gopro at a fraction of the price.

2 Likes