What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

The Village Wedding… has brightened my day, today. Everywhere has been swept/polished etc etc even the grass had been given instructions to stop growing… :relaxed:

Despite all predictions, the sun has shone all day, getting us up to 35C :open_mouth: and it was a sheer delight to watch the wedding party march their way down the street from the Mairie to the church.

The 2 hours of ceremony and stuff, passed in a flash… one highlight was the surprise visit from the Trompes de Chasse… who did their musical thing, much to everyone’s delight…

I’ve never seen so many photographers jockeying for position throughout the whole proceedings… and it was amusing to watch the ladies who “tucked in their tums” when the cameras pointed in their direction.

The men did not seem to be so self-conscious, although they had all clearly made a great effort with their outfits. However, as the time ticked by, some definitely showed signs of “I’ve been on the eau de vie”… :roll_eyes::relaxed:

All in all, a very pleasant afternoon, full of fun and friendship… and a young couple starting out on a great Adventure… :heart_eyes::hugs::relaxed:

3 Likes

The Groom arrived in this…

7 Likes

Fabulous Stella - although I do hope the bride isn’t unwillingly heading for a life of farmers-wife-slavery like many around these parts !! :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ha ha Simon… no way… this is a modern couple… :hugs:

2 Likes

The Bride arrived in this…

4 Likes

Having dinner on the terrace, beautiful evening, sun, 25°, lots of wild life to entertain us, gets no better, see pics on, ‘Wildlife around Us’ :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Uplifting but rather odd happening 10 minutes ago (at 2200 hrs) a young thin, rather dishevelled and very drunk young man knocked on our window. When I went to see him in the street outside he had a hedgehog lying passive but alive in a plastic dustpan, and his rather expensive-looking racing vélo was leaning against our wall.

His speech was very slurred but his demeanour was unthreatening and polite. He told me he had found it in the street and was concerned it might be squashed. The dustpan was an enigma, and I thought he might be on the cadge,but I suggested he place the hedgehog in our over-the-road garden under a hedge where it could shelter and look for food. He said he would have taken it home, but feared his dog might kill it.

Anyway, we put the creature under a hedge where it relaxed rather, though it seemed to me to have a cough and wheezy breathing, but with no obvious signs of injury. We talked a little about hedgehogs and wild creatures, and he said they could teach us humans to be kind. A hint, perhaps. I advised him tactfully to be careful on his bike and he said he was walking it home, and that he lived d’à côté. He thanked me, hoped he hadn’t disturbed me, and we bad each other farewell.

It was a rather touching, if strange, expérience, unlike anything remotely like our life in UK.

4 Likes

‘Touching Tale’ Peter, Thanks :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

My son…my youngest…saying he’s using ALL his holiday days this year to come here…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just been told by my French ‘partner’ that he is taking me away for 2 nights this week for my birthday ! :hugs:

5 Likes

Looking forward to mine whisking me off, next month, when she is on hol’. :grinning:

1 Like

How lovely Ann. Happy birthday. Hope you have a lovely time x

3 Likes

Finally sorting out whatever the discrepancy was between a really old uk eBay account and eBay in France…(found it impossible to reset my forgotten password…) and the highlight of my day…being the top bidder on a pair of purple doc martens…! x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happy birthday Ann!

My day was brightened by at last being back at work, for the first time in 4 weeks.

4 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better Vero x

1 Like

It always makes me smile when you refer to your French partner. I always wonder if you’ve got a few more of other nationalities tucked away somewhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I do have another ‘partner’ of a different nationality Aquitaine ! Maybe I should try for a set :rofl:

3 Likes

Being the highest (and only bidder) on a pair of green doc martens…I’m on a roll…lol…all second hand…I’ve now got a pair of purple and green and black and ox blood and all for the price of less than one half of a pair of new docs…From approx 17/18 I had two pairs…worn constantly but lost them when I moved house…I often wonder what happened to them…probably ended up on eBay and no doubt still gong strong…lol…Anyway I’m well chuffed and should keep me going for the next 10 years at least…I watched a video about how doc martens are made and I do get the price tag…x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seeing a pair of hoopoes in our orchard with three fledglings.

5 Likes

Friday we accepted an offer on our U.K. property.

So the move over is getting a step closer.

6 Likes