What rights do we have under EU law in France?

I think it has failed across Europe. My sis-in-law is a teacher, she now says the Swiss system is no longer getting enough teachers and the quality has gone down, a friend in Berlin who was a school director became a schools inspector for the last five years until he retired two years ago, that was nationwide, he says Germany is deteriorating fast. Spain has had a serious problem for years, our close friend in Portugal says she is thinking of quitting university teaching because the students are not up to it. The rest I have no idea but perhaps we can surmise. It seems crazy when the world needs more and better educated people constantly, or are just elite schools turning out an educated elite to the exclusion of the rest?

I don't know who Dave is but I agree with you that the balance of evidence is that the education system in the UK has for the most part failed miserably.

Yawn...........

Oh Dave looking at the amount of comments you make on this board it would appear you would have little time to experience real life.

Thank you for your intelligent comments.

What you lack in intelligent ability seems to be compensated by your mouths over enthusiasm.

Dave does any one really need you?

:-)

Well that's easy for you to say....

Mein Gott! Donner und Biltzen!! I allvays neuw das dist Europen zing wast und vay nazti und itz gudt getten aut ver kwik. Uneed Hans Zwei Zu Lofflu!

Dave, Damien was just expressing his views. You may not agre with them but that does not warrent an attack. Despite being a Londoner (and proud of it) I think the UK stinks unless one lives in London and has a good job in the Financial Services Sector. The North, once the heartland of engineering in Europe is devastated. Only oil keeps Scotland going and who knows how the Welsh scrape a living now that coal has gone. IMHO the UK is the worst run contry in Europe.

BNP and EDL are supporting the kippers at the election next month. They still exist, sadly...

Ted, If you really want advice and asstance it mifght be better it you were to state your specific problem.

'Fraid So

Is the BNP still going ?

I seem to recall loads of problems with the archtypical skinhead BNP supporter not that long ago.

We have an enormous amount of rights under European law - at the moment. However if the fascist bigot that is Farage gets his way they will be all gone! We will also be at the mercy of the British government, not only us but the residents, talk about going back to the 20th Century.

I suppose it's ok then for us, the french taxpayers to support that poor Mr Sarkozy ?

http://www.wikistrike.com/article-nicolas-sarkozy-10-gardes-du-corps-pour-700-000-euros-annuel-119278930.html

Great living in utopia eh ?

What a diatribe of utter bile! What on earth does the aristocracy have to do with it? Yours is the sort of sh1t that I thought that I had escaped but it seems no! Did you eat something that disagreed with you? Christ BTW has nothing to do with it. It also needs to be said that that most property owners (cars, houses, paintings) are only seen as custodians, whether here in France or in the UK.

Exactly, Schengen and Lisbon have moved the goalposts a long way, even if those with other ideas can't accept it. I know that in the UK the fines for refusing EU applicants by simply binning what they submit are quite big, if that is the case then they are bound to be bigger here!

Just been speaking with someone at the Pole Emploi who told me any EEC member citizen can apply fo any job including government posts in France. Things changed after the Schengen agreement apparently.

Dennis you have hit the nail ion the head. I love England but Christ has it been sailed down the swanny by the old boy network of inbred chinless wonders. I hate seeing Prince Charles with a chest full of medals being saluted to by 90 yr old vets (what a joke). I hate the fact that the most despicable scroungers are right at the top of the aristocracy

see link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-358201-the-royal-scroungers-why-i-resent-the-civil-list.html

The people in England have no rights, even that car you bought and paid for isn't yours, you are not the owner, you are legally the "Keeper".

The taxes are huge, the cost of living is very high, the food is full of chemicals, the air is full of pollution and the education system is failing. The cities are becoming uber violent with stabbings and shootings a daily occurrence. I have been to Canada, the U.S., Mexico and pretty much most of Europe and in my opinion France has the best balance for a good life.

Yes, David, soo much to go through and parents birth certificates and all that...! I''ll do it if push comes to shove but the enormity and complexity of the dossier must be there to put people off...?!

David, the French ones may be complicated but take a look at the UK ones. I've helped several people in the past, usually 'exiled' postgraduates, thus when my OH asked whether it might be worth considering one day whilst we living there and she was in what could have been a very permanent job, I think when I said 'No' it was very loud and emphatic because I did not fancy going through all of those hoops again.