What’s everyone up to today?

Ah, I’ve met a number of those here in the Brexpat swarm, recently some of them decided I would house sit for 3 weeks at short notice for free, etc.

Right now - watching a wonderful full moon.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder :pray:

Good luck with your new home.

1 Like

Fish and visitors stink after 3 days said Benjamin Franklin…(or maybe John Lyly). A sensible man Benjamin Franklin.

1 Like

Can’t wait for activities to start again! A different sort of rentrée, but missing pilates, gym and puppy school. Will be able to get back to the lakes again as not crammed with tourists, plus slowing down of gîte booking so less cleaning and more chilling… And it will get colder, I so hate being too hot. In fact I don’ t really like summers at all when I think about it!

3 Likes

Whose friend?

Mine.
She’s okay but tiring…after a surprisingly short time.

That is carved above the entrance to the derelict castle at our next village, Curtil-sous-Buffiere.

1 Like

Ground elder and bindweed…a miserable day!

2 Likes

Hedge cutting or the beach…tricky decision.

3 Likes

Enjoying a day off.
We have been tired since the family left and today is so beautiful, not too hot and not windy.

1 Like

Writing a new short book. Quite enjoying it. It is pretty much autumn in Brittany and nice and cool. I look at the garden and see everything I need to cut back and clear, but I have been very ill so I won’t do any today.

2 Likes

I do hope you are on the mend now.
If you have been very ill you do need to pace yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am frustrated, I want to leap out there and go mad, but I know I can’t.

1 Like

Beach, of course.

1 Like

enjoying my first full day in 6 months child free! However I discovered that the very painful moths that we had a lot of trouble with in spring / early summer seem to have laid horrible wriggly things EVERYWHERE so I have been picking up every single thing off the floor, checking and collecting. We have moved all the furniture etc and I think we have them all. Already thrown the chooks 2 lots and then started collecting in a jar. We have almost 1/2 a jar. I’m soooo thankful I spotted them as it would have been an absolute disaster if they’d been able to hatch! So much for enjoying my day!

2 Likes

Are you talking about processionary caterpillars Tory??? I hope not!!! If you are - you MUST stop handling them - a hair from them in your eye, your children’s eyes, you could go blind - happened to a gardener just down the road, Best way to deal with them - burn them - sorry if that makes someone squeamish.

Post a picture of them??

No, it wouldn’t be those inside the house. It sounds more like the “mites alimentaires” that you often get in flour and cereals.

1 Like