When buying a property

Yes, that is exactly what it says on their website

https://particulier.edf.fr/fr/accueil/aide-contact/faq/souscription/mise-en-service-electricite-gaz.html
Vous êtes sur le point de souscrire un contrat d’énergie dans le cadre de votre déménagement ? Quel que soit le fournisseur d’énergie choisi, vous devez régler des frais de mise en service de l’électricité et/ou du gaz (sauf si vous êtes bénéficiaire du chèque énergie).

** Tarif standard mise en service électricité : 13,94 € (51,47 € pour un logement neuf)**
** Tarif standard mise en service gaz : 19,88 € (idem pour un logement neuf)***

Ces frais font l’objet d’une première facture, dite « facture contrat », que vous recevez quelques jours après votre souscription.

and then
Les frais de mise en service de l’électricité varient en fonction de votre situation et du degré d’urgence :

** Vous emménagez dans un logement existant : les frais de mise en service de l’électricité sont de 13,94 € * et cette prestation est réalisée sous 5 jours ouvrés par Enedis le Gestionnaire du Réseau de Distribution.*
** Vous emménagez dans un logement neuf : après les travaux de raccordement au réseau électrique, la première mise en service de l’électricité dans un logement est facturée 51,47 € . Prévoyez un délai de 10 jours ouvrés pour la réalisation de cette intervention par Enedis, et pensez impérativement à disposer du CONSUEL, qui atteste de la conformité de votre installation électrique.

So it appears that there is an admin charge for setting up a new contract but there is no charge for the “raccordement” if the supply is already connected.
Seems fair enough to me.

I’d be interested to see the source of that please.

I’m not saying it’s wrong but I can’t see why there would be any starch in an ant attractive form in a Linky…

Anyone who wants to see an intelligent grid that can better respond to spikes in demand by using electricity stored by domestic &/or electric vehicle batteries.

2 Likes

I’ll ask my son where he read it too, it was just a glance in my case and most likely in the local press.

Just googled it and there are lots of reports, one from UFC Que-choisir.

https://ilestencoretemps.fr/compteur-linky-pourquoi-attire-t-il-les-fourmis/

From what I can see, there were two: Le Canard Enchainé and here, which Shiba may be referring to: https://www.capital.fr/entreprises-marches/le-compteur-linky-attire-les-fourmis-qui-le-font-disjoncter-1436940

The second suggests that (according to Enedis) it’s only outside meters which are affected, and even then it’s a rare problem.

According to what I’ve now read, it seems to sometimes happen with Linkys outdoors…
phew… not going to have my house invaded…

Have the silly sods making Linky meters used the old sealant resin/potting compound recipe that attracts insects?

I thought everyone had this figured out after insects were attracted to and ate the sealant from the transformers inside British and US radios used in the Far East in WW2.

You either design équipent to be airtight/insect proof or you use the sealant which repels insects.

Apologies to @Shiba, @Stella & @Porridge. I’m normally first to moan that someone didn’t bother to do a simple websearch :roll_eyes:

As @NotALot says, it beggars belief that the fabricants would still use a sealant that was of interest to insects.

Given the rarity of the problem it’s still not a reason to stand in the way of having a Linky.

1 Like

Well earwigs build a nest inside my outdoor camera and wrecked it! I imagine a Linky could be equally attractive as a home.

1 Like

Thank you, Sandcastle.

Sorry for the extremely late time of night posting. I did this at work on my break, I am a night nurse.

The property is not new. I will be the second owner. It is a holiday, Home.

The Estate Agent told me that they would ask the seller not to stop their contact, and I would not be charged for reconnection of VEOLIA & EDF.

VEOLIA is the water supplier in my area CA2BM - 65.50 €.

EDF (ENEDIS) is the Electricity supplier. The house has a Linky Meter installed.

Sorry, I don’t know any more than it says on the EDF website - it is a long time since I moved house! - but it may be a question of semantics. You are not being charged a “connection” charge but you are being charged for “mise en service” which I suppose you could translate as “recommissioning”. I don’t know if that is the explanation for the apparently contradictory information. The seller always has to résilier their contract because that contract is in their name, and an electricity contract has to be in the name of the person who owns or occupies the property - edf bills are an official proof of address, so a person should not have an edf bill in their name for a property they do not own or occupy. The new owner/occupier always needs to set up a new contract in their own name. I am sorry, this probably does not help much but for the sake of 14 euros it does not seem worth the hassle.
The Véolia charge sounds excessive however, but I have never had any dealings with Véolia.

No problems. I imagined all these ants carrying off bits of Linky for later like you see them doing in the garden with bits of leaves. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

They’re building their own electricity generating system!

2 Likes

Thank you for your explanation.

I just want to do things legally.

It is not a lot of money.

While I have my Notary, I want to ask these questions.

1 Like