When does Easyjet become like Ryanair?

Thanks Paul - that is useful to know.

Hi Clare - I use the route quite regularly and Easyjet now seem to use the end gate with steps down and up every time I fly so maybe this is now their permanent gate and it also allows segregation of speedy boarders.As this route now has allocated seating, it should stop the gate bunfight and maybe the gate will change. For those who do not know, if you choose not to buy a seat in advance, they will allocate them at check in so everyone will have a numbered seat - obviously you cannot guarantee sitting together if you have not pre-purchased.

It never fails to amaze people how (some) people don't offer to help parents with small children who are usually toting bags and buggies as well as the children themselves. I was in baggage reclaim at Biarritz last week (which is not exactly Heathrow so a pretty calm and sedate atmosphere on the one carousel that was in use!) and saw a mother with a baby in a sling struggle to get the plastic off her buggy. The pushchair had been so well wrapped that a craft knife was called for and with a baby strapped to your front it was nigh on impossible.

No one went to help her. I did obviously but I was on the other side of the glass initially and saw her trying to do it for at least five minutes before I could get there. So yes, Ernest Bunhope, I do think that the other passengers should have offered to help. It's called human decency and is preferable to sarcasm.

I always fly easyjet and have never had any of the problems you have had and we have a young child. We always fly from Toulouse and we have never had to walk out on to any tarmac. It has been straight down to the plane from one of those connecting tube things. I think you must be, just very unlucky. Great price & great service for that price.

I think Easyjet is great - great price , great service ( for the price )and it means I can afford to see my family in the UK and my family can afford to visit me in France

just be thankful you weren't in Budapest! enjoyed a short break there last week courtesy of EasyJet, but the return leg to Geneva was interesting. Once through security in the swanky new terminal we were told to go straight to gate. Gate in question is a large tent reminiscent of an agricultural show marquee. Apparently EJ, Ryanair and Whizz have all fallen out with the airport over landing charges and this is the airport's response. No chairs, no toilets, just the usual snake crowd control. god help the poor passengers when it gets colder...

I fly with Ryanair very often and find it a very good service. I have never been subject to what you describe. Priority boarders get on first, and yes I can if I wish reserve a seat (front and middle rows). They are in the most part very polite, but one must remember that they are under pressure to do a job, and that is sell, and if they don't, fairs go up.

I am surprised that the other passengers did not offer to carry you and your children on and off. Ungrateful sods. You will just have to wait until they have grown up and can then handle themselves like I had to. I do not have a lot of sympathy if you want Rolls Royce service it does not come cheap or free. Rough it like the rest of us.

But is it still not a case of 'ya gets what ya pays for' - I'm sorry that it was seen as an inconvenience, but if you want cheap and chearful bus-fare tickets for something as technical and expensive to buy/run as an airline then they have to try to cut down on their expenditures in order to provide the prices that the flying public so clammers for.

I'm pretty certain that this is not going to be what you want to hear but that's the business plan that Ryanair and Easyjet are working to.

And the other end of your flights Suzanne.....................?

Oh dear, i remember when my 3 were little and i really don't envy you that journey. They are just as bad as Ryanair, we flew from Rome with them a couple of years back, OH, youngest who was 8 then & i, we stood in the priority lane behind the priority sign where we were told to wait, with another couple, for checking in as we had paid extra, we stood for ages watching the other 'normal' queue getting longer & longer. When the check in opened she wouldn't check us as she said there was no priority at check in only at boarding and we would have to join the other queue which by this time was extremely long, after some not so gentle persuasion she put us through.

We then waited for the bus, and were allowed first onto the bus and sat at the front with everyone else behind, then when we got to the plane they opened the doors in the middle of the bus and by the time we got off we were near the back and couldn't get seats together. A total waste of effort & money. I'd rather fly Ryanair at least it doesn't pretend to be something it isn't and you know what to expect.