Which are your four favourite Tom Hanks movies?

I had forgotten about Forrest Gump too, love that film and we always shout run Forrest run when one of the family gets behind in walks.

Good shout - it is a great film with a passing comment on so many historical events.

My favourite film of Tom Hanks, one I’ve watched a good few times is ““BIG””
The next I would have to say is “Castaway” then “Road to Perdition” and “The Green Mile”
all excellent films…

Captain Philips

Brilliant film.

1 Like

Also Sully

Only three of his films at the moment. I see there are some I haven’t seen.

I don’t watch romantic movies, but Tom Hanks in You’ve got Mail is a romantic movie I’ll watch whenever on TV, but not just because of Tom Hanks. The plot/storyline & Meg Ryan were equally important.

The Green Mile I watch whenever it comes on TV, not just for him, but because of the mouse, the excellent supporting actors, especially he who played John Coffey, and the supernatural/magical aspect of the film.

Castaway is admirable in that Tom Hanks put so much effort into the film - he lost 50lbs weight, and researched how real castaways felt, to fulfil the role. He’s a serious actor.

I don’t analyse or probe deeply into the films I like. The films I watch over and again are those that hit that magic spot, somewhere in the subconscious, that get etched, that release those pleasure giving endorphins. These three films do that.

Lovely interview - thanks Bonzocat.

I like the gritty sense of drama from his real life adapted films as previously mentioned. A fine actor/producer.

I read somewhere that at the end of Captain Phillips where the nurse is gently tending his wounds he is crying. This wasn’t in the script, the tears just welled up because he was so completely immersed in what he was living through.

Yes I heard that to and also that for realism the medics were actual medics not actors. Certainly had a lump in my throat and something in my eye.

1 Like

Who is Tom Hanks?

5 Likes