Which bank do I trust? (not joking) & seeking accountancy help

Accounting Software for France is very specific to France. Please don't think you can go get any old bookkeeping software. I know of 3 people who did this and every time they were caught up in reams of red tape all because the software used was not approved.

I know Sage works on Mac in France and is specific to France.

As for Windows software, sorry can't help.

Hi Shirley.

I have a account with Credit Agricole, English speaking branch, Rodez. I do all my dealings either by telephone or on the internet. They have a professional team of English speakers (one is actually French Canadian), especially for English residents in France. My finances are through them and I have to say that the service is far better than any I have experienced in the UK. They even work Saturdays.

If you would like the telephone number let me know.

I’ll happily also recommend Sarah. we used her a couple times in person at her home/office for our 1st couple of personal tax returns here, before doing them ourselves. I have moved away from her area now but as I recall, she is located N and E of the A750 between ? …l’herault and Montpellier in the Herault dept (34). we could also pay her account in Sterling (no Vat) or Euros.

I saw and completed a questionnaire in a cafe in the next town to me in(Sarthe) only 3 weeks ago, for the same thing, someone looking to supply snacks or meals from a mobile van, obviously doing a survey for potential customers around the area. The forms were being handed around by local senior school students. I think if the cafe owner knew what they were he might not have been so accommodating!

Good luck with your new Venture also.

Currently looking to change my business account & agree that La Poste looks interesting.

Am currently with Banque Populaire who are okay but have a tendancy to change personel just as you begin to find them helpful.

As for accountants....good luck; never found a good one yet. Sometimes the place to go for tax advice etc is the tax office...I have found that they are much more approachable than anyone would imagine.

Good luck in your new venture

If you just want a bank in order to receive and issue cheques then laposte is probably cheapest and you can do practically any normal operation online

sarah vedrenne in herault is worth a call (google her)