Who needs Christmas Decorations?

We decided not to have a tree this year. There’s a live tree in a pot that I usually bring in, but this year we don’t have visitors and our son is back (so house is cluttered) but not actually staying with us for a couple of weeks, so it’s a bit too much hassle.

2 Likes

I don’t blame anyone for being reluctant to “celebrate” the bacchanal that consumerism has turned Christmas into. It’s great to be able to relax and have a party in the darkest part of the year, but the added pressure of everything having to be perfect that we put on ourselves - perhaps especially the women - is really unhealthy. As @Ancient_Mariner says, most of us don’t need more stuff.

As @David_Spardo reminded us when he started this thread, there are wonderful things all around us, and being entranced by them - and looking after them - is much healthier than buying a new phone/perfume/thing.

2 Likes

Indeed and thank you, that revelation on awakening one morning was better, however short lived, than any tinsel we could have put up. :joy:

As a matter of fact we do have one string of tinsel, it is above my head where I sit at the computer, draped across the doors of the cabinet which contains my late Mum’s international doll collection. The last remnant of what we used to put up but which decreased over the years of isolation from young family. Somehow it was forgotten, and is now there all the year round. :rofl:

5 Likes

Mistletoe’s very poplar in the Lot Valley…

3 Likes