Who’s been hooked by Wordle? Feel free to join in!

Agree, only got it at all by chance!

Wordle 375 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

5 Likes

What I really don’t understand is how @vero gets to a word like that after only 3 lines while the rest of us are sloshing around in rows 5 and 6 still coming up with dubious alternatives.
I think she probably is one of the people who chooses the words for wordle. :thinking:

3 Likes

I got it because I use a word with 3 vowels to start with and couldn’t think of many 5 letter words with any of the unused ones, with that vowel in 2nd place. I didn’t have much choice of consonant clusters either.
I had a choice of 2 words I fancied putting in 2nd place and used the rarer one, which amused me more, thinking it would eliminate more letters. It was wrong but actually got me more letters much to my surprise and meant I got it in 3 as there was no alternative I could think of for my 3rd go.

Edited to add the word I would have put as an obvious 2nd choice was the solution not long ago so I didn’t use it.

2 Likes

I think you must “see” words in a way that I just don’t. I can be staring at a collection of letters where I have four correct ones in the wrong places - so I just need to reorder and find one more and I just don’t have a clue. Sometimes takes me hours to find the combination.
I don’t think of myself as dyslexic - I’m pretty sure I’m not and I learnt to read very early, but it’s been a real revelation to me how easily some people (OH included) can find patterns in letters that are obvious to them and not to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My ex father in law, a silly man in some ways but mainly an ingrained misogynist aided and abetted by his wife, decided that I “read the letters in the bag with fingertips” when playing Scrabble because even with his horrible little cheat’s anagram machine he couldn’t win. So he refused to play with me any more but weirdly enough would encourage his friends to have a game with me and hover behind my chair encouragingly. Super odd!

ps I am not fantastic at Scrabble by any means, probably about the worst in my family.

Edited to add I would be complete rubbish at the nerdle game so I don’t even attempt it.

1 Like

Could be worse. He could have called you a witch.

1 Like

I am more offended by the accusation of cheating than being called a witch, I’d love to be a witch, were there such a thing. (I don’t mean the Wicca people).

1 Like

I’m sure there are. Wise women/white witches are to be found in many places. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“SuePJ, post:1448, topic:38042”]emphasized text
Wise women/white witches
[/quote]

I meant the sort that defies the laws of physics by getting around on a broomstick :grin: the ones you mention are obviously Good Eggs.

1 Like

Wordle 375 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

4 Likes

Took me a few attempts but I’m happy that once I’d eliminated lots of letters I got it straight away :grin:

Wordle 376 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

As for French, I should’ve got this in three really… My 2nd word didn’t include any letters from the 1st, so I’d actually got all 5 letters very quickly

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #172 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Wordle 376 4/6
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #172 3/6
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #172 3/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Wordle 376 5/6*
Its really 2 or 3/6🤔

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:

5 Likes

I hate this game! :frowning_face:

Wordle 376 5/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

4 Likes

5 is the new 3…

5 Likes

Wordle 376 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:
Got it on 5 today as well. Rubbish!!

4 Likes

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #173 4/6
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 377 3/6
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

4 Likes

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #173 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 377 4/6*
Hmmm🤔

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

5 Likes

At last, a break in my miserable record! Three seems an achievement these days!

Wordle 377 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

5 Likes

Rats! Still took me 4 when some of you are happily on 3. Good job I didn’t look beforehand. And at least I got it, in probably less than 10 minutes. Sort of feels like a proper name though. And I had a lovely French word as an alternative. :thinking:

Wordle 377 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

4 Likes