Why, if you live in France, did you vote for Brexit?

Never heard of that one before. Flipping something is making money off of something you’ve bought and sold again.

New one on me too. :smiley:

Regarding the name: Yes it is.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Why do I need to parse my name? Especially as the capital “S” clearly let’s people know.

Hi there. Many folk get confused and enter a User Name and not their actual name… I gently nudge them and offer to help put things straight.

However, if Avant Strangel is your real name… Welcome yet again ! :smiley::smiley:

It isn’t though, Angela or Eva or Ava or Anne or Gervas or whatever doesn’t want to put a real name.

Language can vary so much… In my verbal experience, “flipping” relates to tossing pancakes or eggs etc… on the other hand it can also be used (by me at least) as a mild expletive as in “flipping heck” :thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Now you make me want to be Batman. :sunglasses:

There’s that context too. As in “flipping the bird.”

Mmm… something to do with cooking ??? although I have never flipped a chicken, not a whole one anyway…

And being flip :wink:

Always the ladies… lol

Hahaha no Stella, flipping the bird is making an uncouth gesture, I believe.

2 Likes

There’s even an emoji available here on the SF forum showing it…:fu:t3:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

MPs flipping main residences to get the tax breaks is another well used expression… apart from pancakes and coins I think flip/flipping generally has some negative connotation.

But returning to the main question. I think we’ve discussed plenty of concrete examples of what will be lost from freedom of movement to research grants and shared information about criminal records. However I’ve yet to read any concrete examples of what money and advantages will be gained. All the things put forward so brazenly during the referendum campaign have been shown to be fairy tales.

Discovered that it is not Fliperty but Fliberty Gibbet - I was probably Molly Coddled as a child​:blush::blush::blush:

Ooh! What fun if we all turned our names into Anagrams - Mind you Vero’s would be quite the challenge😆

1 Like

Sounds like fun…let’s post our anagrams here :writing_hand:t3:

Quite apt really, for a Brexit thread :joy:

Véronique Langlands = Lo England’s Aquiver!
Well nearly? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Quavering dons, Allen?

3 Likes

Egret Blope
Treeb Ploge
Bo Preeglet
Greeble Pot
Beerpot Leg
Gert Bleepo

3 Likes