Withdrawal agreement – what counts as residence

Sorry post on wrong thread!

They are busy, there’s a pandemic on, they are probably shortstaffed and dealing with cases more pressing than yours. People eg needing to be processed so they don’t get sent back to a war zone etc.
They may just be fed up with your emails.
Your card will arrive, don’t give yourself a bilious attack by stressing while you wait for it :grinning:

3 Likes

presumably only after he applies for it on the portal :wink:

It is inconceivable that negotiations on who can take fish in what waters, that UK might steal a competitive march on the EU by reducing workers’ rights and other issues of Brexit high politico-diplomacy, had the most remote, vanishingly small influence on the cancellation of your RV at your local office.

1 Like

Veronique,

They replied very quickly with formulaic responses in the last few days.

BUT, we are talking about applications for CdS that go back to summer/autumn 2019, 6 months and more before the onset of the Covid pandemic.

Many voluntary, charity organisations have managed to provide a near normal service since March 2020

I am not having a nauseous or vomiting (or even a bad-tempered or spiteful) attack, far from it.

Just reporting on the facts as they affect me and my family. Exchanging experiences as per the objectives of this forum.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

I haven’t even looked at the portal thing yet.

1 Like

I actually think that, no matter what was said way back in 2019 about your dossier having priority, it is probably completely defunct now and buried under a huge heap of other paperwork. Just apply again! People who applied in October this year are now getting their cards.

2 Likes

Only in certain préfectures, from what I understand. Therein lies the problem, as each is independent and does its own thing.

@Alex_Thurgood

Alex… are you suggesting that some Prefectures are issuing TdSejour to Brits who have not used the special Brexit online portal ???

Not at all Stella, what I am asserting is that some préfectures clearly have other priorities. The fact is that some préfectures don’t give Brits any special treatment or accelerated processing simply because they are British, which is understandable. What is less understandable is why the préfectures don’t communicate at all on what is happening. My wife has applied twice so far, both initially for a EU CdS via the paper method, and then via the No Deal website when that was operational, and heard not a peep. Her initial application was filed 2 years ago. The préfecture doesn’t respond to email contact. We have a receipt of course from the No Deal website submission, but that was a year ago. The disparity in the duration and perceived treatment between préfectures is not only quite stark, but also a little concerning.

@RicePudding
I guess the only saving grace is that Pretty Awful is not minister of the interior in France :wink:

1 Like

I feel quite upset Grahame that you haven’t bothered even acknowledging my two earlier posts, even after I spent the time going through my list of prefecture / MOI / embassy sourced FAQs to find the exact information that you needed.

And I’m sure they did that in good faith, they probably didn’t realise that the process would be 100% online etc when they did so. As explained that situation HAS NOW CHANGED, their hands are tied THEY CAN NOT process your application. ONLY YOU CAN by spending 10 minutes filling in an online form and uploading 3 documents. I took around 10 minutes for mine then only 5 for my dh’s - it is no big deal.

Just go on line and apply Grahame, there isa box atthe end of the aplication where you can add comments if you feel you want to tell them that you applied 18 months ago - but it wont’ change ANYTHING you MUST apply on the portal.

3 Likes

Gosh Alex… that is odd.

Did your wife get a confirmation email, more or less straight back … after making her application on-line ???

EDIT: just seen… you have the receipt… that’s super… guard it like the crown jewels.

and… have a good look through SPAM box on her email address… it’s possible a contact has dropped in there by mistake…

That is annoying but honestly don’t worry you are certainly not alone, as you say it is hugely variable from department to department and if she has that receipt from the no deal portal then they will get to her! I’ve been advising people to send an email if they haven’t heard anything by say February.

Head and brick wall, Tory, some people just refuse to listen and keep banging on repeating the same drivel and not accepting that France is bending over backwards for Brits here :confused:

6 Likes

Yes, there is no way I can compare my préfecture with one that has lots of Brits so have added staff, and with a local support organisation with 5 extra staff to help get the applications in. I imagine that our applications are right down at the bottom of the pile of things to do, especially as the deadline to get them to us is 6 months away. I have my receipt, so am not even bothering to phone or email until after easter next year if I’ve heard nothing.

1 Like

All prefectures have other third country nationals applying for titre de sejours, so waiting would be normal.Put that with lack of staff hey presto long waits .

2 Likes

Perhaps there are more off-sick/isolating etc in some areas than others…

Prefecture staff are not immune to illness and its aftermath…

2 Likes

I get the impression that there is an element of entitlement when I read some posts

2 Likes

Not as far as I’m concerned. “Egalité” is one of the tenets of the French Republic. I don’t consider myself worthier of speedier treatment than the next person when it comes to being issued with a new Brexit CdS (as I already have what will soon be an expired EU CdS). What I do object to is the unequal administrative treatment depending on where you happen to live. My complaint is with the system where the Préfet gets to decide where the administrative priorities lie, rather than it being organized by central government, as this leads to unequal treatment (or at the very least, the perception thereof). This is neither particular to my, or my wife’s situation, but goes to the heart of the organisation of French society. It affects me personally, yes, but it affects a great deal many other people too. One might understand why an African national might become somewhat disgruntled when he/she learns of perceived accelerated treatment of British applications for a CdS in a neighbouring préfecture. The postcode lottery effect is real, and it isn’t just down to sheer numbers of applicants, but due to policies implemented by the respective préfets/préfectures.

2 Likes