Wood pellet stoves [poëles à granules]

Hi, was that the Extraflame Ketty? Its half the price at Fireland to the same one from French suppliers. Fireland are not showing any description or technical info on this model so I think they may be out of stock. So before ring up and ask just wanted to know from you if you had the Ketty model and how you have got on with it? Its a lot of money but assume its better than spending 500 euros on a wood burner as need this Ketty? for our gite.

Look forward to hearing from you

Vanessa

No, we had the Extraflame Dutchessa…they all use the same control panel and basic design and so I would reckon on it being as good as the Dutchessa we had.

Not that noisy at all, much cleaner and more efficient than woodburners. But we still have a good old Godin in the salon - much cosier!

Definitely old but good, not a chance
The part that is old is not good and the part that is good is not old. :grinning:
The world cannot move forward whilst godin are still around.

From 2022 the industry will only make efficient stoves. The French will probably just carry on with the old junk they have always made but we live in hope.
http://www.stoveindustryalliance.com/ecodesign-ready-stoves-and-air-quality/

You seem to be keen on rubbishing every stove mentioned by posters. Perhaps you would like tell the world what make you use. Start the New Year by being positive for a change.

You took the words out of my mouth David… over to you John, how and why is what you have (whatever that may be) so superior to what a lot of us have had and been happy with over many years ?

1 Like

Posters seem keen on overstating their stoves. Anyone reading this will realise the industry is moving forward as per the links I gave and how much healthier and more efficient these are.

Still not answered the question John !

No, you have slagged off two well known makes then posted a link to a vague group. I’m sure that you’re typing this sitting in your centrally heated British box and perhaps it’s you who needs to take notice of the experience of others. Your negative and superior attitude is repulsive in the extreme. Come on, give us a name, I hope it’s not going to be one of those lightweight English marques that corrode in front of your eyes.

I am toying with bringing a Burley Brampton to France, I like the way they have an external vent connected directly to the stove via a pipe to ensure the stove is not sucking in air from the room and thereby not sucking cold air into the room from elsewhere.

1 Like

Burley fireball,

That was’nt hard was it. I did consider one of those when I bought my new woodburner last spring but decided it was not for me. A couple of friends here do have them, one is very pleased with it, the other not. Last time I was in the second owner’s house it certainly wasn’t burning very cleanly.

Also the secondary burn which lights the creosote in the wood giving a big boost in heat output per kilo of wood. Other old stoves do not burn the creosote but deposit it up the chimney.

I’ve always appreciated reading Johns knowledge & technical input on many subjects, on this one though, wood burners? They are all basically metal boxes with a chimney. Some may have heat retaining materials around them some may have better air flow adjustments so better governance & efficacy, but all in all the percentages may not be that gr8.

Odds on bet John has either a Villager or Burley???

@David, I can’t see anything repulsive in his posts ?

1 Like

His posts were negative and contradicted others’ opinions in a way I found unpleasant. Each to his own.

Then they should be looking at the draw on the chimney. Just owning a stove but not having the chimney working correctly would ruin anything.

Surely you know that all Burleys have to be fitted by approved suppliers. Both the ones I know were installed by the same person, im sure he knew what he was doing.

No not negative! That’s your personal bias, which you should not post!!
I disagree with the cobblers written by others and supply the information, sorry didn’t realise I had to break it down to child level, thought Burley fireball would have been sufficient as the range all work the same.
My point, people reading articles should read about the better stoves available, they could be Clearview, Jotul, Burley, all way better than Goddin or Invictor. Why you choose to become nationalistic against a product made in the UK says more about the nasty internal side of your nature.

Pardon? All I’ve done is share my experiences. I’m not the only person who found your attitude unacceptable, read the thread.