World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

Yay, a convert :laughing:

I’m not a footie fan…I love snooker and Ronnie o’Sullivan…but will be cheering England on in the World Cup…Will it be on French TV…??? My son who will be here for 9 days from Tuesday just asked about the England match on Sunday…Apart from getting well stocked up on Kronenbergs on Saturday… I’m guessing there will be some way of watching the match…??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like

After some disappointing displays by some of the top teams the interest in England doing well is growing in momentum with their betting odds being reduced from 20/1 down to 14/1, we can only dream.

1 Like

Yes Helen. Check the schedule here.

1 Like

You’re a star…! Thankyou…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m saying nothing… don’t want to jinx it :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Most interesting statistic so far…only 2 Tunisians without beards😉

2 Likes

Ha ha Chris, brings to mind the boring cricket matches my ex used to listen to on the radio. …"And now Botham has taken off his sweater, he’s tied it round his waist and he is coming up to bowl, wait ,a seagull has just arrived on the pitch, well what will happen now " :weary::anguished::astonished::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Jonah Lomu… was a favourite of mine… anyone bored with footie, might enjoy this instead… :relaxed:

1 Like

We did it, looking good for Sunday.

3 Likes

Never in doubt!!!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Harry Kane 2 - 1 Tunisia

Tottenham’s finest :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The boy Kane done good…:wink:

1 Like

Right, done and dusted, after much delibiration I have decided to support the Gin and Tonic and Wine cupboard team, just until the bitter end ! Cheers folks, may the last man standing win! :dizzy_face::wine_glass::wine_glass:

1 Like

My favourite quote about football from Guy Martin :slight_smile:

“I have nothing against football. It just seems very wasteful losing 2 hours of my life to watch 22 millionaires on TV chasing a bag full of wind in their underwear.”

Just about sums it up for me!!!

Roll on the REAL World Cup next year… RUGBY!!

3 Likes

For rugby - isn’t it just 30 millionaires in their pants? - granted they are not prima-donnas!

1 Like

They wish they were all millionaires.

1 Like

I have better things to do than watch 22 thugs punch, kick and shove each other for 90 minutes. Back in England, I remember hearing complaints about immigrants supporting foreign sports teams like West Indies, India, Pakistan etc etc etc, when “they should be supporting England”. It is amusing to watch those complainants (I’m not referring to anyone in this thread!) when they are abroad, waving England flags, and seeing nothing ironic in that.

Opened the BBC sport page this morning to discover that…

Then I scrolled down a bit…

Why waste time commenting on a thread/topic which is of no interest to you ?

Well done Harry, pride of WHL.

1 Like

Thought Tripps did ok, Dele was obviously injured so why keep him on ? He’s having a scan this morning.