World Cup - who will you be supporting? AKA Dustmites and how to deal with them

Let’s hope it’s nothing too serious. Did you watch it on TF1? I thought the commentators did a great job with pronouncing the names of the English boys.

I have posted similar elsewhere this morning, start a separate thread if you feel strongly enough leave the 'fan ’ threads for others enjoyment

1 Like

These folk certainly enjoyed themselves…

1 Like

No Mandy, watched it on the Beeb, the boss was busy knitting so it didn’t bother her !

Quite agree Nelly, leave us fans to chat amongst ourselves.

1 Like

France is looking good…

The question was “World Cup - who will you be supporting?”. On this forum, I am just as entitled to an opinion as you! And why are you wasting your time making comments like that?

That would indicate to a simpleton like me that you have no interest in football ?
So what’s the point in contributing to a football-based topic ?

Use your freedom of speech (very British !) more gainfully with things you actually have some knowledge of maybe ?

Leave us fans to enjoy the games and contribute accordingly.

1 Like

With respect Roger, you weren’t telling us who you were going to support just telling us that you had better things to do than watch the WC which was totally irrelevant to the thread as my ‘yid’ friend has pointed out.

3 Likes

I dont do football but been patriotic want england to win.
I would never support france, and when you see the french news they are heros if they win but if they loose they slate them as not been french, there bkacks abd africans, so racist.

The french media and the general public are pretty fickle. Before the WC the team was being talked about as the next world champions due to their excellent pre WC wins but the last warm up game (USA ?) they were rubbish and so condemned to the scrap heap !
At least being an England fan you know where you stand. We know the team is pretty rubbish without any hope of winning anything so anything else is a pleasant surprise !!

2 Likes

The Danes may be fierce on the pitch but this shows their “human” side… :relaxed:

1 Like

I find it a little disappointing that so far very few of the matches have sold out, having the WC in Russia was always going to be a risk but I’d have hoped that the locals would have mopped up any spare tickets.

2 Likes

The ticket category reserved for locals seems quite reasonably priced too.

When Euro 2016 was on in France I managed to get last minute tickets for two games in Bordeaux for 25 euros each which meant a full capacity so can’t understand why the Ruskies haven’t done the same thing.

1 Like

Allez les bleus!!!

France safely through but it wasn’t that pretty. Very poor in the second half.

Umtiti is a dirty cheat, all that diving and feigning injury. Don’t like to see that.

Half time England 5 Panama 0 Is this real.

3 Likes

Just remember it’s Panama

sounds amazing… :relaxed:

1 Like