Bipolar, I'm in two minds myself

Aiming to Start a group Bi Polar

Shall I just start one? and see what happens.

I have to say I can't dwell, as I have other things to develop, but it should be a goer, and it won't go away.

Ron

Sorry David, didn't read the question properly.

It's pretty straight forward, but can be quite time consuming, and if one is fielding questions, I guess one has to be quite accurate. Organically the flow is pretty self perpetuating.

One can't anticipate the content, which is by definition free for all to explore. But as in any 'circle', awareness, sympathy and understanding, are tools which one would need to have about one, just in case.

I think all of the Groups are self 'policing' helpful, informative fun etc. its not a big thing.

I don't think its a pre-requite to have a quorum or mediators, most groups from what I can see, are started by one individual.

We could ask for some hints from Catharine, or others who have got some experience?

Ron

Hi David, Very good of you. Let's see what happens and take it from there?

Ha Ha Joyce are you delegating?

I would be happy to 'start' a group off, although as I think about it, the cacophony of 'unrelated' issues music etc, is in fact, very much part of people's make up. And as a sufferer myself, everything has an influence on me, and like others, those things are part of the person.

Even with a 'Group' the nature of the beast is that the members will digress, as it is probably not, digression at all.

I would be tempted to call it 'Loony Toons' but that is unfair? Bi-Polar is the working title, but WE must be sure that that in itself is not limiting, Depression, Panic attacks, other mental problems, and what a bout the physical?

But for ease, if you wish, I'll shall await a response, and if, in favour, start the ball rolling.

Brian, of course would be an excellent choice for a Music antithesis Group, but I know that he has a very busy year ahead.

Thoughts and Volunteers anyone?

Hi Ron,

Group sounds a great idea but better if you suggest it since you started all this!!!!!

All the best for 2012

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I don't think anyone can exert 'control' that's not 'forumy' lol

Catharine, did mention that the thread remains, and no one has any qualms about the content. It is, I guess, up to individuals to steer it back, although Catharine has had an excellent idea, and that was to instigate a 'Group'.

I would be happy support the start of that, but don't feel confident enough to mediate, perhaps throw the question out there and see if enough right mind-eds can get it off the ground.

Happiest of New Years

Ron

Dear Ron, this thread has gone miles off track from the initial subject, I am really disappointed. It's bi po I'm interested in and I don't give a stuff about what any total stranger had to eat or drink or where they went last night nor the kind of music they like.

I would be grateful if you could do something about it, if that's possible then maybe open a new post about food or music?? I know lots of people just love to write and I take my hat off to them, they are often very witty and creative (yourself included) but let's keep to the point!

Happy New Year to everybody!

This thread is fine here - if people are searching SFN and so much as type bi-polar , they will find the thread!

I also don't think it should preclude anyone else from starting a new thread if they need some help and support, which is after all what the entire site is about. It doesn't really matter whether you are talking medication or rockwool, there is space to discuss the lot.

But if you want to start a group, that might be a good idea? That way you can keep the info in one place? Let us know! And Happy New Year!!

No problem, I am limited to a negligible amount of alcohol by my hiatus hernia pills or chronic indigestion - choice is easy. Also, no matter how long we live (I have been told) we have round the clock energy and whilst I can break sleeping records sometimes I mostly do early to very early and average about four hours and have done so for half a century to no apparent ill effect. So this aged character not touched by it and nicely enough the family are still in the dock now...

Good one! Like Ronald, I am bowing out of this chain, it would be easy to become boring and repetitious as well as having mucho trabajo as of tomorrow. Fare thee weel, happy nae ane!

........and play among the stars????????????????????

Hi Annie,

Happy New Year to you. I have technically bowed out from this thread, but it is rude not to 'answer'. I guess if one person ( at least ) has talken solace, then job done. If anyone wants to take up the Baton, then please do. I have to drop out myself, as I fear I'll end up with the stars. Perhaps it might be worth asking James, if there is a way to give a home to this topic as a stand-alone? He certainly could advise. It wasn't my intention to be out of kilter with the mainstream, I was probably starting to 'go up' as I often do at the pre Xmas time of year.

So please don't think me rude if I am not proactive, I just need to find my path on Terra Firma.

Ron

There is so obviously a need for this sort of place where one can express, be supported , make contact. Lets keep it going!

2012.............hope it is a good one for you all§

Annie

"that you can feel knowledge, not read it"

YEP! i am sure there are people who just know, they download stuff direct from...............whatever you call whatever it is out there. i think our problem is also our gift we are so open, sometimes stuff telecharges too fast. I have a lovely friend who was expelled over nd over again and almost sectioned at 16 as she was talking to people others couldn't see, some one introduced her to a Psychic and she went from strength to strength. There are more things in heaven and earth................;;;;

Annie

Hi David,

What on earth did I post?

You OK Pal? Hali Berry sounds a bit fierce.

HYN

Two o'clock and home. We got in a bit before 2300. They had 60 adults (56 French and 4 English) plus 9 children for the dinner. As people finished and pub and music time began great. Musicians turned up as if by osmosis and just jammed. We took two bodhrans and mixed in, in the end I think a dozen of us were playing and did Auld Lang Syne in Irish style to do the change. Nice crac. Talking to the guest they were all happy with the tucker and the whole evening, we danced about and played the fool until half an hour ago when the kids buckled. A surprise came when a French diner did a couple of Mary Black type songs including Mal bhan ni chuilleannain in good Gaelic, she is a regular at the other place and is really into it. A god, good night to perhaps start a better year.

Quite the correct move Miriam. just not worth the risk.

Joyce

When you write a post/reply/comment etc any one following the thread will receive an email notification immediately. If the poster then deletes the post the link in that notification will fail to resolve as the content no longer exists

Happy New Year to you too

Apologies, didn't know people could/would do that. Doesn't make much sense to me but it's the festive season so maybe they pushed the wrong button! Bonne année!

Then it was deleted by the original poster. Not by me.