Do you want me to close SFN down?

Blast, you beat me to it...

Carol, perhaps you would care to tell me which answer you are referring to as I'm damned if I know what you are on about. Was it this one? :- " Come on girls. Most of us have a bark worse than our bite. Well at least this old dog does;-) Join in the conversations, you'll enjoy it,......honest." I appreciate the fact that you wouldn't want to sit opposite me at a dinner party & to be honest, going on your comments, it's probably mutual. It would be a boring sad old world if we were all alike. The SFN table is fortunately long enough for all so I suggest you do what our hostess has suggested on numerous occasions & simply move down the table. That way you will surely find a conversation more suited to yourself & avoid any embarrassment having to listen to me. How many times must I state that I'm not gratuitously 'rude & patronising' & if you actually take the time to read some of my drivel you might find that I do try to help people? Good on you for having your opinions & the balls to state them here but please don't confuse me with someone who gives a damn what you think of me. I think we have long passed the mutual admiration stage ;-)

At the risk of being seen as a Vic supporter can you please tell me where the donner party is? I really miss my UK Donner Kebabs as the French versions are rubbish. Sorry, sorry, sorry, please see the funny side.

"Something ":-)

Right, lets all stop...the next person to write something is a sissy ;-)

I am curious to know if this ultra-disjointed thread is going to run forever. Can it possibly be of any benefit to allow it to ramble on aimlessly with people taking potshots at each other, digressing in different directions whilst meanwhile there seems to be no news about what James is going to do?

Meanwhile I think that Frances has summed it up pretty well. The enema appears to have worked, so isn't it time flush the results down the pan and give it a good wipe with the lavatory brush?

Well Frances. I think the reason this thread is still running is because you & I are still responding to it. From what I can see, the latest post before ours was 10 days ago so presumably if you had not posted it would have simply dropped off the radar, assuming of course that the owner doesn't want to keep it here. Not sure I'm with you re. 'nastiness'. I see some robust stuff here at times but nothing nasty, which I'm sure our leaders would have long since pulled the plug on. At the end of the day I guess it all boils down to how sensitive &/or receptive one is to others comments. One can but try not to be nasty but at the end of the day it's how individuals perceive things. It's called 'Human nature'. Some will laugh at comments, others will take offence & I'm betting that the majority couldn't care less & simply find it part of life's rich tapestry. Ian's post below sums it up for me :-) xx

It's pretty much like voting isn't it? If you can't make the effort to get genuinely involved then you have no choice in what happens later. I do understand that many people don't post because they are afraid to 'put it out there' and risk verbal reprisals. Don't be afraid folks, not if you couch something with respect and politeness, what have you got to fear? Silly comments from people with little self discipline? That's normal life. I get frustrated by people who sit back, and by people who dominate through aggressive communication styles.

I read with dismay the nastiness that seems to be occurring here on both sides from time to time. Not much different to international conflicts, in my mind. Same lack of care for how they communicate. I'm a pretty direct person because I don't like playing silly games. Sometimes I lack tact but I won't be nasty and spiteful and bullying. Choose words wisely please - they are dangerous, and loving and uplifting, and damaging. There should be no barking nor biting.

So could all 'those' (not pointing any fingers as there are too many required) go back to their corners and go back to the big picture for the benefit of all... benefit of all I said. I'm surprised this thread is still running. I thought it was sorted a long time ago.

They never even bothered to answer!

Excellent ! Where are the clapping hands when you need them :-)

probably the best offer i'll get tonight...

Well mine's a genuine, only taken a few weeks ago, genuine likeness of my wife's old man. Anybody doubting me is welcome to see the original in the flesh, if you get my drift ;-)

"Haven't you noticed Carol, a few seem to have changed this year"

I've changed Shirley, i'm even better looking this year than last !

So long as they don’t try to do it with one of these or indeed the ISIS version.

To bring it back to topic was that a "Dinner Party" type of occasion even if at lunchtime?

Don't worry Anthony. They're brainstorming at the moment. That'll delay things considerably. OH Whoops ! I guess that makes me first for the chop ;-)

I wonder when the cull is going to start? The silence from ADMIN is deafening!

I don't think so. My mum always worked at least part time and I was an early latch door key kid. My Dad had a decent job at IBM but when he found out that my uncle got paid more as a postman in Slough, when we were on holiday there in 1958, that was that. He decided a move had to be made and so he upped and left and went to work at ICI early 1960 and left me and my Mum in Scotland for 6 months. She then took the opportunity, with him being absent, with my Gran, to drag me to their church and have me baptised against his and my will. Such was life in the old days. No talk of shutting down internet sites in those days the only nets around then were on the fishing boats or rude girls legs. lol

All I got was a a tanner a week . You must have come from a rich family :-)

Don't forget Rocket Man and The Lone Ranger and Tonto. As I went as a kid to the Greenock cinema in the 50's I can remember that and a trip into Wooly's after for a mixed bag of roasted cashews and peanuts, which was the same price as entry to the Minors, sixpence in old 'proper' money. Once moved south to England in 1960 at age of 12 cannot remember going anymore.