Jewish space lasers

The clip is worth watching. It’s an amusing but also frightening interview. It would appear forest fires in the US are being started by “space lasers”. Good to see Emily in action again though.

3 Likes

Jewish Space Lasers? Yeah, so I liked their first album but they really sold out after that.

On a more serious note, her reaction doesn’t surprise me sadly, but she’ll be praised not ridiculed for that reaction by her rabid fanbase.

3 Likes

Perhaps not - but it does suggest that she doesn’t believe there are such things.

Hmm, y’know I hadn’t stopped to think why she reacted how she did. Just that she did what she did.

All I can hear is ducks quacking, why do so many American females sound just like that?

1 Like

Well, there was Project Thor in the 1980s AKA “The Rods From God”, so the idea of orbital weapons platforms isn’t a new one.

Anyone that’s played with lasers for 10 minutes will know that beam focusing isn’t a trivial issue and passing coherent light through any medium other than a vacuum is going to require a mad amount of power to start fires on Earth from high orbit.

1 Like

Quite, but the people who seed these conspiracy theories don’t care about their plausibility and the people who blindly follow and spread then are generally too stupid to ask any searching questions.

2 Likes

Then Emily thanked her profusely!

Class.

3 Likes

It was a joy to watch. A masterclass in how to reel someone in slowly, convince them you’re on their side and then - just as they’ve let their guard down - hit them with a sucker punch :rofl:

I don’t know how much she expected that response but I bet Maitlis would have spotted instantly that the clip would turn viral thanks to that comment. Nobody would be talking about her if she had just kept her mouth shut and walked away.

3 Likes

It’s a good principle - the worse you think a person to be, the more polite you should become.

4 Likes

Yes, but the inverse doesn’t apply :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is called suspension of disbelief and it is rampant in the USA.

Stupid cow should do what MTG said to do.

Excuse me, that is misogynistic.
I have absolutely no problem with you querying her brain capacity, but defend to the last that is because she is female.

1 Like

I believe MTG is a great believer in the death of EVs too :joy::joy:

It’s not ‘suspension of disbelief’,

It’s just a cynical re-broadcasting of popular conspiracy theories in the hope this’ll make them more popular for re-election or worthy of promotion in T*****'s party that used to be the Republicans. None of these politicians actually believe this s**t, but they tell their electorate what they want to hear. The wealthy educated ones know it’s rubbish, but go along with the game because they’ll benefit from it and the rest are too poorly educated and ill-informed to realise that they’re being conned.

2 Likes

Ditto UK :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Exactly that.
They are being conned to suspend any critical faculty they may have.

I’d argue that their critical faculties are insufficiently developed. Politicians criticise undergrad subjects like media studies, but the ability to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources of information is an increasingly necessary life skill that should begin to be developed in primary school.

1 Like

I prefer the 4 box set of Roxette. And, of course, the new Mark Knopfler album.