Looking for lunch in La Rochelle

I think you may find that the chef just wants to leave the kitchen after service…
he or she is usually exhausted!

Ha ha… I am sure they are… and if a chef is too tired to chat… that is quite understandable…

But, perhaps you are seeing things from the UK point of view… and your own business world…

Since living in France… and becoming used to the friendliness of folk (in all walks of life)… I have no problem in engaging with them…
(When we go to UK… my daughter gives me strict instructions… not to give money to beggars… and not to chat with all and sundry…so very different to our French life.)

If we are out with a group, the chef normally joins us for a drink and chat…at the end… and often, they like to use their English on OH and me… I have always found they are delighted to explain/discuss with us the wonders of their French Cuisine…

Similar reactions if we are on our own… if you act in friendly fashion, give credit where it is due… and show a genuine interest… folk will respond… and this is how we are in every aspect of our lives here, not just the eateries…:grin:

Perhaps this is why we find life here so fascinating/interesting/rewarding…

Well Stella I too engage in conversation with people if they seem to want to
chat to me.
I have met a lot of people since I have been here and could be buzzing around
seeing people all the time…so we have something in common.
Yes, perhaps life in London as a chef/restauranter was more hectic than it is here
sometimes…and the French are friendly…2 of my best friends are very French.
I find that my British clients were very, very impatient and seeking perfection…but perhaps
that is the way Londoners are?

1 Like