PM Theresa May says there will be no attempt to remain inside EU

Yes Jane, one would hope - but a UK government which wants to remain in office taking a hard line to deal with EU people in the UK isn't beyond the bounds of possibility and UK people abroad are seen rightly or wrongly as irrelevant idle rich lying in the sun swigging rosé by the mass of the electorate so I'm not convinced.

Cotes du Rhone, Veronique.

Even more dodgy Jane!! ("Here's glamorous granny Jane W knocking back the exclusive coat doo ronny by her pool in the sun while poor little Nigel has to slum it in the drizzly pub garden with a pint and a fag") plus lots of daily mail sadface pics of poor little Nigel in the rain alongside stills from some film about multimillionnaires in Beverly Hills labelled Jane at her luxury French country retreat....

And perhaps a bit of tutting about embracing the hedonistic expat lifestyle.

And spending Saturday working hard cleaning the gite!

Cue pic of you cleaning, cropped or fiddled with so you aren't recognisable, with caption "Jane W enjoys the lavish sunshine at her exclusive luxury gite complex and quaffs more coat du ronny but someone has to clean the grouting with a toothbrush dipped in nitric acid" "she's my alter ego", says the glamorous grandmother.

(COMPETITION: why didn't I become a journalist? answers on a postcard. 1st prize: a weekend at my house, booby prize: a week at my house. I will supply the toothbrush and the nitric acid).

Jim has gone from consultant to government, in procurement saving the taxpayer money, to pool boy and head gardener.

Worse and worse, having a personal civil servant, a live-in financial consultant to fiddle the taxes, a pool boy and a head gardener..... (I'm assuming the under-gardener is another alter ego ;-) )

Mind you chez moi Conchita and Eduardo do the cooking, cleaning, washing, repairs and gardening (they are both me, needless to say!) Which reminds me I must take my bins to the village 2km away, including some ripe ones that have matured nicely in the past 6 days. URRGH. Oh it's a glamorous life we plutocrats lead.

Nigel Farage has addressed a rally held by Donald Trump.

Don't you judge a man by the company he keeps? So, not content with allying his cause with the likes of Gove, Johnson and Duncan Smith, he adds Trump to his tally.

It beggars belief that anyone could have supported this man.

His sense of self-importance was positively oozing across the stage, contemptible little twerp.

Comment I heard from Trump rather interesting considering the deals Fox et al chasing now, "[We need to] stand up to China on trade, keep out of what will be a disastrous trade deal, Trans Pacific Partnership, TPP. States lost more than 40% of its manufacturing jobs since NAFTA and 1 in 4 manufacturing jobs since China joined WTO". Job threat to UK?

I'm pottering around Switzerland and Germany at the moment meeting old friends and colleagues. The consensus seems to be Brexit should be negotiated in Versailles ;-) What comes around..... With Davis and Fox taking the lead it is already a disaster. Two clowns searching for a circus.

When I heard Farage & Trump at the rally spouting their nonsense I suggested that if an explorer probe is sent to Proxima B it might be possible to smuggle a few people on for the ride. The clowns can go too. Let's just call it saving the planet.

Wasn't the original vote to join the Common Market a 'yes' or 'no' vote?

Here's an article which may be of some interest to at least one person :

Which EU country has the easiest citizenship requirements?

https://www.quora.com/Which-EU-country-has-the-easiest-citizenship-requirements

https://www.quora.com/Which-EU-country-has-the-easiest-citizenship-requirements

They are so full of optimism they should jump at the chance.

'nonsense' that led Farage to victory after 17 years of hard work to free the UK from the Berlin-Brussels Diktat. Those who mocked him are looking extremely bitter nowadays. If they don't like the freed UK, maybe they should book a trip to Proxima B.

"Those who mocked him..."

Well, the rest of the European Parliament who laughed him out of Brussels when he started his Brexit crusade !

Is he the most hated man in Britain by 48% of the public ?

The "freedom" to languish in a declining economy? Nein danke.

Yes, Farage did indeed spout a lot of nonsense which in the end led him to victory. I don't see how it could be argued otherwise when he has openly admitted that he knew some of the arguments for leaving used during the campaign were 'mistakes' but he and the others carried on regardless. Had they run a solid, fact based campaign you'd have grounds for calling me bitter.

My believing that achieving goals through deceit is no achievement at all is simply part of my character but label me if you feel you must because it really makes little difference.

Well said.....John....

He was successful because he became the voice of the majorority of ordinary Britons, who see the EU for what it really is....

I wonder what the precise figure of dislike is for Junker ....?

Probably off the scale...

A lot of the blame has been put on Nige but many people would have voted 'OUT' with or without him. For many in the UK a large poster showing queues of migrants trying to enter the UK is acually the reality as they see their once tranquil towns seemingly overrun with families from Eastern Europe. To many of these Brexiteers the Economy and other such factors don't come into the equation. The UK brought the 'Leave' vote on themselves after decades of not listening to its electorate, not to mention not recognising the warning signs..

yes, there was 'deceit' from Farage and his mates but was the 'Remain' campaign actually any more honest about the implications of a YES or NO vote ?

En amour comme à la guerre, tous les coups sont permis.