Royal Tragedies

Can’t believe Charles bad luck. Waited all his life then gets cancer. Poor William too. All that responsibility. I dont think his heart is in his job. Get the impression he would rather clean the car on a Sunday, mow the lawn and play with the children. Small wonder he feels Harry has let him down swanning away in LA. Doubt if that rift will ever heal. Charles was upfront about his prostate - we all know what THAT entails - ouch! Kate is not. Media mania would have been nipped in the bud. Nature abhors a vacuum and all that. Still. Awful for everyone. Do you think her mother really did engineer the royal romance as it was portrayed in The Crown?

No doubt many will disagree with me, but they are a privileged family facing the kind of difficulties that many families sadly have to face. I can feel sorry for them as I would for any individuals I don’t know, but no more. Especially as they will have the very best of medical care.

And television needs to attract and capture audiences. I haven”t watched the Crown as not a subject that interests me, but I imagine lawyers crawled over the scripts to get maximum titillation whilst staying within the law on slander. So may be far from reality.

6 Likes

Not me…

2 Likes

Nor me…

2 Likes

Not that I have a lot of sympathy for that spat but what I do have is reserved for Meghan who was pretty much hounded out - that Harry chose to stand by her is to his credit.

I hope in time Harry and WIlliam will heal their differences, but whether that is possible inside the rather toxic thing that is “The Firm” is doubtful.

2 Likes