SFN lunch in Bordeaux 2024

Finally….!!

We have a date! We are organising a SF lunch (venue TBC but will be central for those travelling by train) and the date is…drum roll…the 12th June.

As well as being a great opportunity to meet all those people you chat to / argue with / adore / despise (!) in person, our pensions guru @Dave_Lawson and of course……our insurance and relocation expert @fabien will be coming along and will be happy to share their expertise with you!

The last lunch was a resounding success and everyone who came alone had a great time.

Whether you are a prolific poster or a silent lurker, all are welcome! I am hugely looking forward to meeting you all and at this stage, if you think you might like to come along all you need to do is comment below. Nearer the time I will sort out a venue / menu etc and equally, if you are close to Bordeaux and / or can recommend somewhere for us to meet (and eat!) please feel free to make suggestions.

Really looking forward to this!

Cat x

4 Likes

That’s my birthday! :smiley:

As it happens I will be in Charente (near Ruffec) that week - I am travelling down on 10th-11th (overnight ferry) - not sure if I can handle a 4-hour round trip to Bordeaux on the bike after having done Dieppe to Ruffec the day before, but let’s see.

Might be feasible for me to get a train - I will investigate.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check if I’m working!

2 Likes

I assume that means I can’t bring my partner? :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, I am hoping we can make it…

EDIT: Oh no!!! Having checked the diary, we have visitors staying then. First time for over a year and they are coming a long way :cry: :cry:

Don’t yet know if we can make it, but other SFers might appreciate my asking to chose a resto that’s dog friendly…

2 Likes

I’m in!

1 Like

Count me in if I’m not stuck with lycée🙂

2 Likes

I would *definitely* be in, were I in France that week, sadly I’ll be in the UK. I will be in Venice the week after though.

But you’re not suggesting a change of date and location…? :wink:

1 Like

He’s taking a punt on it…

5 Likes

I’ll tentatively be there. Will confirm nearer the time.

I’ll start the ball rolling with a restaurant recommendation…

I’ve eaten here a couple of times. It’s just off rue sainte Catherine so easy to get to, even for those of us who’ll be arriving by train. It has seats outside, but also is large inside incase it does rain. Prices are on their website. I can highly recommend the burger!

https://french-house.com/

I have never eaten there but was sat outside it on a bench just 2 days ago!

Ha - what a coincidence!

Depending upon the weather, it can get very busy outside.

The first time I went, there were some buskers just around the corner… luckily they were very good. I went with some visitors from the UK. They loved sitting in the sunshine, eating good food and listening to live music. I had to tell them life in France isn’t always like that :grin:

Edited to Add: the toilets are very, very nice too!

1 Like

I will have a special lunch on that day, perhaps the same menu as you all in Bordeaux.
Much too far for me, especially as I will be continuing my treatment.
Good luck to you all.

6 Likes

I definitely can’t do it, much as I’ve really been looking forward to it!

If anyone in the area is happy to meet up with us (in principle) when we are down your way could you please let me know and I’ll arrange by PM. I’m sorry to be missing a group meeting though…

1 Like

I promise we’ll try to organise another one! And not in 5 years time…! And you know you are always welcome here xxx

1 Like

I doubt I can make it, for rather obvious reasons, but who knows, never say never. :grinning:

Thank you @cat - we so rarely get visitors but they ALWAYS arrive at inconvenient times :roll_eyes: Please sort another before too long!

1 Like

Sadly we are not going to be in France at this time.

1 Like

I hope to be at the meal. Never need an excuse to head to Bordeaux.

2 Likes