So what classic car would you love to own and drive in France?

My Dream is to get down a Cadillac ore a Lincoln but the only problem is this streets inside the villages I whold get stuck allot

Renault 5 Turbo, or an Alpine A310. I already have the classic bike, a Ducati 900SS

I have a friend who already has your dream, he has two A310s and an A5 Turbo.

1 Like

Oooh… the red one

or the red one?

1 Like

Would love to have my Dads car in convertible form… any Citroen D’S would do, but prefer the 21…

My French friends where talking about restrictions if you register your car as a classic that you can’t drive outside your department ore something like that my French is not that good

Hi Martin… those restrictions have not applied in France, for many years now. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for the answer

What about mot and taxes?

When you got a spare moment… you could check out the FFVE website (Fédération Français des Véhicules d’Époch)

it is a mine of information… gives all the rules etc…
https://www.ffve.org/

Many classic cars can’t make it out of their department, unless on a low loader. :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to nip up to Retromobile with a pal on te TGV next week. Always enjoy a wander round.

1 Like

Haha that’s funny

My Citroen BX TZD Hurricane in Triton green and full sports kit! Completely restored over the last 4 years, hence the delay to moving to France… But we were not going to leave her here! The Baguette Schleuder is coming!

2 Likes

and… a photo perhaps… pretty-please… :upside_down_face:

Austin 7 Box saloon 1932 model. My uncle Alf had one. It had door latches opened from inside by pulling a braided cord.

I never drove it, at 10 I was too young, the age of the car, 16, still a runner but tired.

During the war it was on bricks in uncle’s tiny garage. He was in his late 20s.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4hDZisbYRhmXNuGy6 no

Second choice, Morris 8 soft-top coupé, 1938. Uncle Harold had one in Birkenhead, where he was superintendent of parks, including Arrow Park, current venue for Coronavirus quarantinees.

He let me ‘drive’ it sitting on his knee when I was about 8 or 9. Heaven! It had leather seats, and was rather ‘arty’ and posh.

https://images.app.goo.gl/nKYPZxDM8y3X3AYj8

1 Like

Mine has probably had the shortest ownership on record – a couple of weeks.

My Christmas pressie to myself was a ’72 Saab 96V4 – a bare shell rebuilt into a very potent (190 bhp) rally car and coming with a lifetime (literally) supply of spares.

Bought so we could contest long distance endurance rallies like Monte Carlo Historique and Targa events like LeJog etc. The end of a very long search for something competitive for these events.

We hadn’t even arranged the trailer to ship it back before the alarm bells rang. While in the UK we went to watch LeJog passing through SW Scotland and had a long conversation with HERO’s technical director (they run all the main endurance events in the UK and overseas.).

That’s when I discovered that since I’d last done international rallying the rules had changed and now this class of historic rally cars have to still have rear seat, door cards, carpets and head lining. I’d just bought a stripped down car for special stage/forestry rallying so all of those were missing.

After 10 days unsuccessfully trying to track down a rear seat and door cards I was forced to admit defeat and had to hand the car back to the builder without it ever having turned a wheel in anger.

Gutted doesn’t cover it.

Luckily the builder had had a long list of potential buyers anxious to do forest rallying so he was happy to take it back with no penalty.

So the hunt goes on ………………… anyone know of a 50s to late 70s car with roll cage and sump guard, AND still the original (or similar) rear seat !!

Is not that hard to find in Sweden don’t forget most Swedish people speak English so will not have any problems ordering from their

> strong text![20140608_163440|666x500](upload://1OOx4ZB31Wjditfuy0WupyYElSk.jpeg)
What happened here? It’s a photo of two BX s and a Xantia…

Nice Webbers George. From what I can see it’s a very well prepared car. Hard to resist. What was the asking price?

I remember reading back in the day of (I think it was) Stig Blomqvist rolling a 96 (though I think it was a two stroke one) and it landed back on its wheels. Undeterred, Blomqvist fired her up and continued on the event.