Telepeage Cards

Can anyone please tell me when I can change my card?
I got imprisoned on the autoroute as the battery ran out and my telepeage was not recognised and the barrier would not raise.
This was not a nice experience.

1 Like

http://espaceclient.aprr.fr/faq/Pages/QuestionReponse.aspx?question=1730

Our telepeage was not five years old.
We do not use it very often, only on long journeys about twice a year,or going to Lyon airport.
We did change it, but I do not want the same thing to happen again.

1 Like

Jane,
If you are tallking about the RFID cards powered by battery, I was told by the staff at the sales point when I went to change mine that they last longer if they are kept out of the sun (which is a bit dumb if you leave it stuck on the front windscreen) and that they don’t like being exposed to the cold either. You mention that it is rarely used, so while usage can be factor in battery life, it wouldn’t appear to be so in your case. The sales people at the APRR booth told me that a new battery lasts approximately 2 to 3 years with moderate use, so make a rough calculation and go from there. If needs be, you can always pop into one of the sales points and have your battery checked for free, if they see it is about to give up the ghost, they will change it for you in advance of the 5 year period.

1 Like

Alex , we would have to go onto the AutoRoute to do that and pay the tolls. We do not leave the gadget in the car and only use it if and when we are using the AutoRoute.
It is one of those things that is brilliant when it is working well, but a damn nuisance when you have had it for some time and do not know when it may pack up.