Varicelle

Hi - does anyone know what I can put on my little one for Varicelle? I used Calamine lotion in the UK - not sure that exists here? Anyone know? My friend gave me Eosine which I've used and Izzy who is absolutely covered from head to toe in blisters is now red as a giant strawberry.

I'm going to the Dr's this afternoon but wondered if there is something I can ask for?

She is really struggling with the itchiness - there are so many blisters in clusters and they are round her eyes now too as well as her poor little girly bits.

Any advice much appreciated.

Suz

Izzy is very itchy, Maisy is 2 days behind Izzy I think...Izzy is covered though from head to toe with blisters and red spots. It's in her mouth, ears and near her eyes. Not surprisingly she doesn't want to eat much so smoothies and compotes are going down well.

Thanks everyone we have the Primalan sirop morning and night, Doliprane for the fever, Avene sulphur & zinc lotion for the spots and Cyteal moussante for showering. Was told not to bathe them but shower them instead - lots of screaming!

The Dr did laugh when she saw how pink Izzy was - apparently the Eosine is usually reserved for les fesses!

Hi there, calamine does exist here - I bought some at our local pharmacie a few years ago and it was in the form of a gel and really easy to apply. Aloe vera gel is really good for itching if you can get it. I cant remember exactly but I am pretty sure calamine was spelt the sale in French.

Good luck!

Hi Suzanne

First of all, welcome back in l'herault.

for chickenpox, the doctor will prescribe for sure sirop "Primalan" which is not bad and hexomédine for local application. Our doctor has precribed last time for me and for my daugther l'aciclovir which is very strong and you can see the results very quickly. Doctors usualy prescribe it when the itching is very heavy and is spreading very quickly and in very sensitive areas like eyes, ears...

there is also a lotion called cytellium which you can buy in the pharmacy and which I never used but friend of mine did and she was impressed .

Good luck