Which mower should I buy?

Dunno about the engine but it looks an OK machine. Side ejection so no grass box transfer duct to block. No grass box = no cuttings transfer fan = more umph for cutting. Love the colour. If it runs Ok I'd go for it.

I'm going to see this tonight http://www.leboncoin.fr/jardinage/705991110.htm?ca=2_s

It has a Tecumseh engine. Does anyone have any experience with this make/model please?

Thanks!

You you can pick up a small Honda here. Have bought a new one and the old is just standing arround. Still, with these little things you probably first have to go with the good old scythe through the field ;-) This Honda only cuts up to 20 cm...

This looks ok (steel casing but on 100 euros...) but I can't be bothered to drive up there today, it's a good hour away.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/jardinage/705398817.htm?ca=2_s

I dropped in to a local mover etc repair shop yesterday and had a chat with the owner, he put me right off all of his stock as they had steel casings although a couple of them had Honda engines, between 4 and 500 euros the two of them. 489 actually for the SMH53TGR4

I look daily on LBC but have already missed a couple.

I suppose I'm looking for a ali framed honda engined at under 400 euros, this may take some time.

Usual post. The cheek! ;)

Quite partial to a motorcycle seat though :-0

I love my Kubota ride on; my husband bought it in 1991 and it has never given us trouble. Yes, expensive, but with no breakdowns and always performs. I have a Toro petrol driven little mower for the nasty bits, and she has been roughly treated, but again no breakdowns. Bought at Castorama for around 450 euros. You get what you pay for.

It's just the usual James post, wind up the inmates and let em go! Come on James, it's your thread/blog, what are you doing about your mower?

Had a similar experience at 7000rpm on the old AJS 7R

Funny you should say that Brian, no morphine but my doc prescribed (just for the evening & night) a product containing paracetemol, Caffeine & Opium !

Things tart to turn psychodelic around 2200, it's just like being at a Tangerine Dream concert again !

Bit of a misconception there re goats they are browsers not grazers nibbling bits here and there great as a hedge trimmer or bramble clearing not so good at lawn mowing

Time to drop the morphine Peter!

Dire since the bottom fell out of the Bop Bond market ;-)

Yeo thats the baby only mine has the Kolar engine only bug in the ointment is the punctures with driving on the road and very soft no mark tyres but filled them with foam end of problems with the Kwaker engine you shouldn't have a problem.The bike is a Kawasaki which has seen every country in Europe never once let me down

How about the economic situation in Bophuthatswana ?

Had the red one a long time then, the OH was looking a bit young back then ;-)

I can talk 'Drivel' about anything ;-) Name yer subject !

agree 100%.. seemed like a good idea wheb we bought the house here.. having had a garden the size and shape of a dairylea cheese.. almost an acre was beyond our dreams in London.. 8yrs in.. where's my dairylea??.. 5 minutes with a flymo.. and beer time.. now it's more like 2hrs and getting frazzeled in the sun.. but i do have a fantastic tan... but spill the Guinness if i'm not careful on the mower..

Get yerself a frontal cutting mulching machine. It'll give you no trouble & more time to admire your handy work with a beer in your hand ;-) Bloody lawns! Why do we have 'em?

Mind you don't exert yourself too much matey. It's not good once one arrives at a certain age ;-)