10 Things in France that are Weird for a British Expat

Exactly David :wink:

No lazy electrician in my house. The switches all operate logically, they are just different in each room.

see in our 2 houses. one done by a french electrician, switches all over the place , now our main house english sparkie all switches set the right way. funny thing is the french sparkie wanted more money that our english sparkie and the job in new house is far superior to other house.

I’m beginning to wish I didn’t raise this up or down switch issue, it has to be the most tedious discussion ever spawned, and I am mainly to blame for inflicting it on the SFN readership, so please accept my “sincere and unconditional apology” (as befits such a “mistake” in these confessionally breast-beating times).

Will the last person to comment please flip the light switch up or down for merciful release… :confounded:

5 Likes

I’m thinking of mounting mine sideways… :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have actually got one sideways lol. (its defunct and not in use but was quite funny to see it)

the best one we have though is in our old master bedroom the bedroom actually had a light switch but that light switch controlled the plug sockets on the one side of the bed. im thinking that used to have a lamp plugged into it as the bedroom did not have a light at all. plus side i used to turn off the switch and cut off all my chargers and such next to the bed

I think we should move the discussion on to why windows open inwards in France but outwards in the UK. Fascinating stuff :wink:

1 Like

I would continue to discuss this exciting subject but there’s some paint I need to watch drying… :wink:

4 Likes

because with shutters many windows would have problems opening.

1 Like

im watching paint bubble off glass atm.

I think that having a military police force for a civilian population is absolutely more than weird.

:+1: :rofl:

Trying to strike a balance here :wink:

I’m off to watch the clothes spinning around in the washing machine…

1 Like

:rofl:

:+1: :wink:

Now you’re just being very vulgar about Chinese electricians, Paul. Of course, I may just have a very vulgar mind. :scream::zipper_mouth_face:

:rofl:

having to deal with them today after a man came across our land in his truck and when i got in his way recorded him attempting to run me over and seeing him then be arrested by them I bed to differ. We have all had different experiences with them and while yours has been awful I have nothing at all bad to say about them.

1 Like