Things that the world find weird about the Brits

It’s only fair that we compile a list of these things too as we already have this one; :slight_smile:

I’ll start with this, but they don’t need to be just products!

1 Like

We are obsessed with the weather :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_snow:

3 Likes

The fact that we have decided to withdraw from the EU?

7 Likes

The fact that the 15 year rule (Brexit) existed. My French friends were amazed that I couldn’t have a right to vote on such an important matter. Wherever they live in the world the French have a lifetime right to vote:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Mint sauce on Lamb…Yorkshire puddings :joy:

7 Likes

Madam finds the mint, Very Odd :slightly_smiling_face:

Eating just a sandwich at lunchtime. My French friend said she was appalled when she lived in London in the early 1990s that people ate little triangular sandwiches for lunch instead of a proper meal - and no wine :laughing::wine_glass:

1 Like

Isn’t Bovril the same as Viandox? I have french friends that adore that…

1 Like

Our extraordinary and diverse range of regional accents…and our habit of saying sorry whether we actually are or not…”sorry but…” often meaning that no actually we’re not at all sorry and what we actually mean is that “sorry but…you are bang out of order…!” x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grinning:

Theresa May has only promised to repeal this in time for the next election, so, should there be another Referendum, these people who are the most affected, will be again be denied any say in their future.
Britain calls itself a democracy but many of its citizens would not agree.

1 Like

Too true Helen, also the fact that sometimes we say sorry when another person collides with us and it is plainly their fault ! :thinking:

2 Likes

I love mint sauce…I could quite happily eat a Sunday roast dinner…minus the roast…with only yorkies…roast potatoes…courgettes fried in butter…(till the edges were black and crispy) and smothered in mint sauce…yum…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I happened by chance, many weeks ago, to stumble on a Heinz Mint Sauce in a plastic bottle, never seen that before ! :open_mouth: Well I know that mum loves mint sauce too so decided to take a chance. No roast potatoes or Y puds but there was a can of peas in the cupboard, so peas, pork slices, gravy, potatoes , carrots and MS, bliss :hugs:

1 Like

I’ll look out for it…I stumbled across a Heinz pepper sauce in a plastic bottle so risked it as I love black pepper and rainbow peppers…it was really nice…since then I noticed super-u’s own brand pepper sauce in a glass jar so I switched to that and have been spreading it on just about everything I eat…you just reminded me how much I love horseradish sauce…missing that now too…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, now you’ve got the taste buds going Helen ! Never really found a good Tartare sauce here but have found some good Horseradish, I think that was SU !
I shall go to bed tonight with food dreams, will make a change from tax nightmares :wink:

1 Like

When I was 16 years old, I made a linguistic vacation trip to Black Pool in a very beautiful british family. And what really shocked me were the kids eating spaghettis with marmelade. But hey now you fellow brits have Gordon Ramsay. It’s all right.

1 Like

It’s getting Bovrily now in Normandy. We recently finished a jar for which the use-by date was 2004, it was scooped up from the back of a cupboard when we moved in 2015,and had been opened goodness-knows-when, but still hit the spot in one’s toes and fingertips :ok_hand::yum:

1 Like

Mint Sauce also goes well with Pie & Peas. Please tell me the French love a Pork Pie or I’m changing my mind and moving to Melton Mowbray?:open_mouth:

1 Like