100€ help against inflation in 2021?

It is paid to individuals with a net income of less than 2000€ (so there could be two payments in a household if the income of each is below that figure).
For those of us who only have pension and other income from the UK and are permanent residents in France the calculation seems to be based on the 2020 revenues in the 2021 tax declaration. The letters for those in this group seem to be trickling out but will, presumably, all be out soon as the payment date is 4 Feb.

Is that €2,000 per month? And if so is it averaged out over a year? If not that could affect us depending if a particular month was chosen when I happened to do a transfer .

When it comes to matters of taxation, the date that is chosen to transfer money into France is irrelevant. What is relevant is the amount of income received worldwide in any given year, regardless of where it is kept, in what currency, or when it is transferred to France.

My guess is that it’s taken from your tax return, and automatically triggered (or not) according to the figure in 1AM/1BM and/or 1AL/1BL.

Our payment came from our business ‘regime’ and not the Impots, they would have based our eligibility purely on our declared turnover and not global income.

deleted I see I was out of date

David is a pensioner, so the answer was specific to pensioners! No doubt for salaried people there is another trigger as well. I doubt you fill in 1AM!

For most French, the 100€ payment was not paid directly by the government but was paid tax free by the provider of their main source of income (social services, employer, pension provider, business, etc) based on the income for October 2021(?) and then reported to the government with other tax reports, etc.

For those of us without such French income, since we don’t report income by month, the only record the government can use without asking everyone individually is the annual 2020 income reported on the 2021 tax return.

So they’ve just taken the individual totals of pension for Déclarants 1 and 2 and presumably split any dividend income, etc where it cannot be specifically allocated and divided each by 12 to get a monthly figure. They will use the bank IBAN details listed on the tax form.

Those without any income should ensure they appear on a tax form!

I’ve only seen limited comments on those who have received the recent e-mail stating they would be paid the benefit - either by those directly or mentioning their partner having received it. Have any couples both received it or is it only being sent to Déclarant 1 ?

My comment wasn’t aimed at you Jane or anyone in particular.

1 Like

It is supposed to be coming to both of us on 4 Feb .

Did you get separate e-mails?

Yes we did.

And for those of with both French and British pensions? Reported annually although the French pensions are pre-filled in.

The linternaute.com article linked to in Stella’s reply earlier says French pensioners should receive their 100€ in February from their French pension provider.

In case you get payments for both your pensions, you should be aware the e-mail I received also stated “Si vous avez déjà reçu l’indemnité inflation par ailleurs, vous êtes invité(e) à contacter votre centre des Finances publiques afin de régulariser votre situation.”

Folk who receive 100€ more than once… or who should not have received it at all… such folk will be able to use a special link to repay the money voluntarily.

Recovery procedures might well be instigated to claw back overpayments.