11 May moving to France - possible Deconfinement clarification - updates

Tony… I’m deep in the middle of something else, so forgive me if I have missed/forgotten the link which talks about 70,000 lives.

could you please post the link or screensave andpost the article…

cheers

NB… or remind what I have forgotten… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That is appalling!

You are presuming that all those who would have died had not measures been taken are close to the end of their natural lifespan. Just as one example, the list of underlying conditions included things like diabetes. And having diabetes doesn’t stop you being a productive member of society for years to come. Or kidney transplant patients - something that doesn’t have to affect lifespan. But then I suppose if one follows your logic then presumably you would ban all transplants altogether as extending people’s lives is unimportant.

4 Likes

thanks for that Chris…

I reckon it would be at best rather naive… and at worst deliberately argumentative… to read anything more into those figures… since they cover the population as a whole and not a particular age-group. :thinking: :smile: :smile:

absolute tosh, if I may so.
During the lock down I have had a surgical intervention (pacemaker) fitted which by your standards is quite inappropriate. Not to me it ain’t!
Do you want us to believe that you subscribe to gas chambers or other “blade runner” type solutions to dispose of “spent” carbon lives believed past their usefulness? I very much hope not!

2 Likes

I can’t quite believe I just read what you have written! How about anyone in a vegetative state or a long-term coma, or very very disabled children with life-limiting conditions etc etc. None of these people are “productive” and are probably costing more than they are worth financially?
Maybe we should just shoot them all and save the cost of their care?
Or maybe we should remember that all life is precious and that everyone has family and friends that love them.

3 Likes

Unless anyone really thinks this is worth pursuing… I suggest we ignore what is possibly meant to be an inflammatory post … :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh just let them die now, best get them out of the way, much better off dead rather than using up valuable resources - if only covid 19 would target other groups you’d rather get rid of, eh. Fancy giving us a list?

4 Likes

1 Like

Little point posting these maps as they’re going to change everyday.

2 Likes

people are looking, every day…

2 Likes

I agree @Stella One of the reason people use SF is to remain informed. If what @tim17 writes is true, then the charts skilfully reproduced and analysed by @anon88169868 are equally useless as they report things that have passed.
I don’t think that view is correct. If nothing else, they help encourage people in green areas that their efforts are worth it and in the other areas to encourage people to do better.

1 Like

On the one hand Stella is saying ‘look the maps are changing’ and on the other she says ‘we shouldn’t pay attention to them because the deconfinement is not definitely happening’, the only map that is relevant is the final one which will be published on the 7th. The idea that publishing maps every day will change the behaviour of SF’s members is very funny though, so thanks for that Graham. :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t mention it. :slightly_smiling_face:
Oh ye of little faith.

1 Like

I think it’s now yesterday’s news and that, as a Tim says, it’s time to wait until the relevant maps arrive in a week or so. It has been interesting to see that the original map was not set in stone and to understand why it has evolved but a daily update has no real merit.

I am checking every day… as it is relevant to me… I check the Govt issued info which they are updating every day…

Others can and will do as they wish.

4 Likes

Thanks Stella, it’s well worth seeing how things may change, if they do, on a daily basis.

2 Likes

It’s highly relevant to us as people are making decisions about whether or not to take their holidays, and seeing that we are in a red zone won’t be good for business. Despite there being few cases in this department because we have few intensive care beds (because two hospitals were closed) we are judged red…and there hasn’t been a single incidence of patients having to be shipped elsewhere like in Haut Rhin.

1 Like

Despite what people may say, there is value in posting the graphic published by the Govt and I for one sincerely hope that @Stella continues to do so. The rest can just mute the thread if they are disinterested.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that this thread has more than just the daily maps Graham. :wink: