2 vaccs in France plus 1 in the UK adds up to headache

I’ve had wo AZ vaccines in France and my Moderna booster in the UK - I’ve visited several pharmacies here in France over the last few weeks asking if my booster certificate is OK as it says 1/1 - they all said nothing needs to be done.

But I’m returning to the UK briefly this weekend and the passenger locator form didn’t like my 1/1 Moderna certificate. It hasn’t expired, it just assumes I’ve only had one jab and so I’m not fully vaccinated.
I’ve managed to get my 2/2 French certificate accepted but I really want to sort this anomaly out once and for all, maybe in the UK, or here - I have no idea. Has anyone in the same boat found a solution?

Thanks.

Go into a pharmacie, explain the situation and ask them to add your UK booster to your French vaccine pass.
Probably the first few you ask will tell you it can’t be done, but eventually you will come across one that knows how to do it.
You will then have a valid pass vaccinale.
A friend of my daughter’s had to do this (she lives in France but is studying in the UK so had one of her jabs there). She never did manage to get the UK to recognise/record the jabs she had had in France.

1 Like

When I returned to the UK last week I used the 2/2 vaccination for the PLF. There’s probably not going to be a fix, and hopefully later this year the need for pre-entry approval will be lifted.

As I said - I tried this but the y say it’s not necessary :frowning:

I thought you could load the QR code from last UK vacc into TousAntiCovid app? Where it could join previously loaded 2nd French dose (scanning the 2nd French dose’s QR code in the app also loads the first French dose at the same time).

My daughter’s friend also was variously told that it was not possible, it was not necessary, and eventually a pharmacien understood the problem and added the details of her UK booster, and voilà she now has a complete valid pass showing 3/3.

OK, I will try again :slight_smile:

My UK booster is in my Tous Anti Covid app after my two AZs administered in France, but the booster shows as 1 of 1.

I will stop repeating myself after this but if you want it to show as 3/3, it is possible for a pharmacien, if they know how to do it and are prepared to do it, to access and amend your vaccination record. As far as I know that is the only way.

My expired touscovid France Pfizer 2/2 certificate still shows the eu flag. Is that sufficient for ‘vaccinated’ entry to France? for putting in any forms?

We got a booster in the UK… Exactly 6 months after the last 2 in France.

got the boosters registered on the NHS app, mme scanned the barcode with the touscovid app - it went in - shows phizer 1/1 . Doesn’t show the eu flag in border mode. Under ‘check eligibility’ it says’ based on this certificate you are eligible for the vaccine booster on March 3 2022 - don’t know what thats about.

I asked the NHS ‘191’ helpline about the two France vaccinations - they said whilst the NHS travel pass shows as ‘Vaccinated against Covid-19’ and as a booster, it isn’t actually a fully vaccinated certificate, so one would need to have the french inoculations added to the ‘National Immunisation Management System’ NIMS if one wanted to use the NHS app for travel…

A systems been set up to make appointments to do that but centres can be a long way to travel. But than would fix it for the OP.

However the pharmacist who gave us the booster seemed to think he can get them added onto NIMS so looks like I should do that. Then there’ll be three on the NHS app, which should be good for travel to France.

Good to know we can hopefully have the booster added to the touscovid pass in France the same way, thanks @Sandcastle Wondering though if is it necessary to have a 3/3 for pass vaccinal - restaurants etc - wouldn’t the NHS app or paper cert be accepted in bars etc if it shows booster status, or was that why your daughters friend needed to get it added to the France app?

Of course one could just get another 4th dose in France - that would also fix it…

BTW, Isn’t here a way to show the paper documents for borders? (or bars)

You should always carry the paper docs for borders - we needed ours last year for the ferry both ways, although Eurotunnel wanted scanned QR codes uploaded in advance allowing a paper free check in last week.

Last year we tried paper certs at first - one cafe accepted them fine, another couldn’t get a pass from their scanner.

My French booster RDV was originally reserved for today (2/2)as I planned a trip to UK soon,However I had to cancel as I had Covid 3 weeks ago This actually will delay my trip as I can’t have my booster until 2months after infection
The irony is that I have already had Pfizerx3 (The first two in UK but no QR code obtained as I was registered as a temporary resident with my mothers GP so havent been able to validate in France)

Good heavens how many vaccinations are you going to end up with?
If you have already had three Pfizers (and more besides?) AND an infection you should be as near bomb proof as it is possible to get.
In my opinion it has got to the ridiculous stage now where the paperwork requiredby certain countries is diverging further and further away from the relevant facts.
At least France’s new vax pass takes recent infection into account.

Unfortunately I am only considered to have had one dose of Pfizer in France.As I 've mentioned before, because I could not validate my 2x UK Pfizer Vax in France as no QR code (they must have overidden the NHS system to enable this)I was obliged to get an antibody test to show positive antibodies and then pretend I had had Covid to obtain a Pass Sanitaire(My MT was aware and said “if needs must”.)So this jab was really my booster.
The RDV for last Sat would have been my 2nd official but actually my 4th if I had not caught Covid from my son(his 3rd bout!!)
So now can’t get my2/2 till mid March .