2019 French Tax Return

Online they get consolidated onto the unique formulaire de restitution as my photo explains. If you are doing a paper return you will need at least a 2042K and a 2043C.

Another good reason to do it online then! I did ours today and it took precisely 16 minutes.

2 Likes

Oooh 16 mins - do you fancy doing mine?!

1 Like

I have searched the site but cannot find the exchange rate for 2019, any help please?
I normally get it from the office door, but circumstances…

@Lily - the official exchange rate for 2019 I received from my tax office in Lorient (56) is £1 = 1.1459€. Hope this is of help.

1 Like

Hi Lily
The consensus is to use 1.14 (unless advised by your tax office to be lower) or on the other hand, if your income is paid direct to your bank in euro, total that up and use that figure or the best of all 3 :wink:
From the Latest Topics Of Interest thread (May 2020 Newsletter.pdf):

The exchange rate for 2019 is 1.14 (that is the average of last year). You can get another rate from
your local tax office, use theirs if it is lower than 1.14! Note that when you ask the official Paris tax
office they tell you to use the rate from the “banque de France” on the day you got paid! Or use
the average of the year.

1 Like

Mine was about that - what took the most time was calculating the mileage I can set against tax, getting to work and back.

Aw shit. I forgot to do that again. Can you please remind me where it is? If you can’t remember, no worries!

Under traitements salaires pensions, just above pensions retraites rentes - and online the computer calculates how much it adds up to, and you have a pop-up box to explain where the sums come from.

1 Like

I’m confusing myself…

Where do I put UK wages… Dividends/bank accounts I’m fine with. I’m confusing myself with the box for a UK salary - UK salary - paid in the UK - earnt in the UK and declared in the UK. I may have been using the wrong box for a number of years …

Yes I’m resident here - which box is all I need before I make it up again

are you doing this on-line or a paper return?

Online - those great PDF things you provided elsewhere are great - but they don’t mention salary…

I know where I put it before but I’m having doubts … and I’m not telling in case I’m a complete t***

In case I’m confusing you too (you’ve quoted bank accounts) - its literally the box for a UK salary.

3916 all done - bank interest all done - dividends done - AE stuff done.

I want a puppy obviously- its taken 2 days of looking at puppy pictures when I should be filling in tax returns. Talk about deflection activity - look at site - find AE income - look at puppies - look at Impots - nope more puppies. Look at Impots - make a cake. Look at Impots - get distracted by puppies - go make bread. Look at Impots - nah puppies. I may even hoover …

Time so far - 15 minutes on Impots - 12 hours looking at puppies - 4 hours baking …

2 Likes

Puppies are nicer!

Thats what I decided. Bung some numbers in random boxes and look at puppies - it adds up right on the final page.

1 Like

Six months…

Does this help?
Other than that, in the guidance How to declare… on line.pdf page 13

Thanks - not really. I’ve made it work… sent them a note - they can call me if its wrong.

Those help pages made some of it simpler but not the salary bit

That is properly adorable.