2021 spring and summer

Only the British have decided to leave Europe!

3 Likes

Neither do we Jane. We have one gite and we are taxed at a certain % regardless of what we spend on the gite for repairs etc. But we do pay tax de sejour and don’t charge our guests for it.

but why is it BRITS who are being targeted for another designer tax. Most of us here did not want Brexit did we but perhaps we are being punished.

Barbara… not sure what you mean by “designer tax”…

From what folk are saying … it seems that everyone who rents out property is liable to pay taxes and social charges… on the income…

everyone… does not mean just Brits…

@tim it might be useful to have the link to whatever avocat site you are quoting from… ???

They are not being ‘targeted’ merely being treated the same as residents from ‘third countries’.

Here it is -

1 Like

Not sure I understand? Neither do you what? Do you not pay any tax or social charges because your French income is below the threshold perhaps?

Or do you not have a siret number? It may well be that there is an exemption for those that go the route you do (LMNP and micro bic) so ok not to have a siret and presumably not CFE tax either.)

I don’t have a siret number or line with TVA exemption, etc. I do pay TdS but don’t charge our guests. We do pay income tax in France because we have pensions and our gite income is shown separately on our tax form, but we’re just taxed on our total annual income including the gite. The gite is not run as a separate business.
I was just explaining why the owners of the gite you stayed in might behave as they do and there might be no need for you to get annoyed. :slight_smile:

Thanks…and presumably you pay social charges too then? (I’m not going to lift the stone to peek to see whether all LMNPs should register - we are and have, but there may well be reasons why you don’t have to)

Tim this article could be conditional as it says in intro “Du fait de la forte probabilité d’absence d’un accord entre les deux parties pour dessiner le contour de leur” so not yet set in stone."

Ah…,. I do know the answer to this one…

provided income is properly identified (pension, rental, investments/whatever) on the Annual Declaration… it will be charged whatever tax/social charge is due…

(I was told that at the Impots office back in 2004 … and I can’t see why it would have changed)

this applied to absolutely everyone making a declaration in France…

1 Like

Yes we do

1 Like

It also says that S1 holders should continue to have the same rights regarding healthcare as they do now but as we know from other threads that some CPAM’s don’t agree. :wink:

1 Like

I see today the German government is predicting another 4-5 months of anti-covid measures, which means until March-April next year; our next bookings are in April - so fingers crossed!

Some how April seems way too soon for the confidence and security to
be settled for travel. Then there is the marketing that does not happen over night,

Oh yes designer taxes …the scores of different things with codes and names and they
seem to fall from the tree like the discarded leaves of autumn.
Suppose they apply to people who try.