2023 tax return

My question came about because it was prechecked on my declaration, on a young friend’s aged 26, another aged 76 and we were all puzzled. Can one claim for garden work (a necessity for access) done? Or dangerous tree work for example? Would straightforward invoices suffice? If one has no taxes to pay, is there any point checking the box?

@StirlingMouse
I’m just reading the document which arrived with my Paper Declaration… there’s lots of ifs and buts…

When you say “pre-checked” what do you mean?

and… why not “ask the question” (what does this mean/why is it pre-checked/should I do something") through the Message Box on your Online Personal Space with Impots…???

All my, well three only boxes were prechecked and have been for years. It comes via Insurance, pension,URSSAF and CAF information that goes to the Impôts direct from them and all I need to do is confirm it is the same as my answers and calculations. So if you have paid someone CESU via your account with URSSAF, that info goes automatically to the fisc.

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to fill in the interest received from UK bank on form 2047 . I thought it should be against 252 TR but it asks for the country involved so I put in Royaume-Uni against 230 then the amount in 252 TR but it won’t let me move on. I have even tried putting in on 260 TR and the same thing happens even though I put in the country next to the amount.

I have done this for many years but for some reason I am having all sorts of problems this year with the most basic of tax affairs. I wish it was a paper declaration as that would be so easy.

You’ve still time (deadline 22 May) to do a Paper Declaration… if you get down to your Tax Office asap and ask for the necessary forms…

or send them a Message explaining your problems and ask for their help either with Paper or on-line…

Hi, last year I put my interest ONLY in 260 - interest. Not box 252. Have you tried only box 260?

and you’ve ticked box revenues opening up credit = French tax at the start.

Thanks Stella, I will do that if larkswood tip doesn’t work.

Thank you, I will give that a try. Never had this trouble before, so am a bit miffed to be stuck.

My tax office has quoted me an exchange rate of 1.15794.

I found a copy of last year’s return and I had just used 260 with Royaume-Uni and the amount and had no trouble but now it will not accept it. I just get a prompt message “Veuillez sélectionner le pays d’origine de vos revenus”. every time I try to move on.

What do you mean by your second line “and you’ve ticked box revenues opening up credit = French tax at the start.”

As far as I can see, I have done everything exactly as I did last year but I am having trouble with my eyes so may have missed something.

That’s just because some people have mentioned you have to select all the correct sections at the start of the 2027 (2nd page I think) to get the right boxes, now you’ve said you have box 260 you must have selected everything.

Otherwise sorry, don’t have much more help, is it a drop down men?, I can’t remember… Is royaume uni showing in the source box and a pop up box still asks you to select? You may have to click in the section box to select it…

Have you tried selecting a different country to see what happens?

Edit - or delete the 2027 and re-start it?

Perhaps posting a screenshot or two of what it looks like may help?

Looking at the screenshots I took last year, everything is fine. I will have another go at it later and if no joy, I will write to the tax office and ask what is wrong or whether I can have a paper form.
Our tax affairs are so simple, just pension, interest and bank UK accounts. I think something is not quite right because the report button is not sending the information on form 2047 to 2042. I am baffled.
Thanks for your input.

Yes, sounds weird. Maybe just cancel the whole return and start again… you only have a few figures - and hopefully the bank accounts stay in the system.

Wouldn’t be anything to do with having cookies or maybe pop ups disabled? (selection boxes may be in pop up windows)

I’ve still to start mine and Mme’s so you’ve prodded me to get going with them very soon now! Thanks and good luck!

Just gone through it all again and finally sent a message to the Impot office. Hopefully it will soon be resolved.

I hope yours goes a lot easier than mine. Thanks for your interest.

Hi Mat. The declaration is now available for me on the URSSAF artiste-auteur website:
https://www.artistes-auteurs.urssaf.fr/aa/tableau-bord/vos-declarations

1 Like

In my experience at any rate, it often doesn’t! I did get a box up telling me I could transfer with the Report button or put the figures in manually, so I put the figures in manually :smiley:

Our affaires are rather like yours - just UK pensio ns and interest (and bank accounts to declare of course) but we do have some interest from French banks as well. Other than that, that’s it. It will be interesting to see what your message to the tax people results in though…

I have followed this topic with much interest reading of what seems an awful lot of stress that some have gone to trying to complete the tax forms.
My accountant has just sent me my draft return for approval, all 65 pages!
I know our income for 2022 and know within a few euros how much tax we have to pay following the 2021 return.
I could find time to attempt to fill in the forms myself but life is too short to a) fill in the forns and b) stress about if I have dobe it right or wrong .
Well done to those who go it alone but for me a few euros in the accountants pocket is well worth it.

1 Like

What do you mean by ‘a few euros’, and are you using your accountant in a personal or a business capacity?
Haven’t plucked up courage to even look at it yet. What is the deadline for online declarations in 24?

In the grand scheme of things I consider 300 euros to be a few. It is a personal return however we do have a Uk property portfolio that increases the size of the declaration but it isn’t a business.
Sorry, I dont know the department 24 deadline but hopefully my accountant does :wink:

65 pages !! I suspect your financial affairs are more complicated than the ordinary employee/retiree. :wink: