3rd Dose Vax, Pass sanitaire etc

Does one need a prescription or is it as simply as booking a slot on Doctorlib?

I assume that if your first two vaccinations were Pfizer that its best to opt for Moderna for the 3rd one, and vice versa?

It seems to be as simple as booking…BUT I have not gone further than the first page with dates so don’t know if there are screening questions later…

None of our friends mentioned any prescription, although I didn’t ask as taking a third dose is between them and their conscience.

Same here.

Found this on ABC News:
Moderna and Pfizer both reported positive data from their ongoing phase 3 trials, which have continued to monitor volunteers at least six months after their initial shots. Moderna has said its vaccine remains more 93% effective against symptomatic illness after six months, while Pfizer reported a dip in efficacy to 84%, though both studies were conducted with slightly different criteria and prior to the emergence of the delta variant.

As my wife and I had our initial vaccinations in April, I think that we’ll look again at the situation in October / November rather than rush in now. Hopefully we will be able to receive our flu jabs before then.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not rushing. I was vaccinated in Jan/Feb. But since I have antibodies I am waiting. Logic suggests to me that no point in boosting if one is already likely to be ok. This isn’t going away so my guess is that it will end up as an annual jab…

Reading through the medical bumpf… for a wide variety of medical reasons, some folk have a prescription for a 3rd jab… this has been going on for a while.

On Doctolib today (29th August…)

If one clicks on “troisième” … it asks which Vaccine you have been prescribed…

Reading further down the medical bumpf, it is being muted that, those “at risk/comobidities” will be “called/invited” for a 3rd jab…

so … as we don’t have prescriptions… I’ll wait for “the call” and (meantime) see how things move along… gently, gently… we’ll all get there in the end.

This is a key consideration. Not all pharmacies are run by “doctor-level pharmacists”! They just respond to whatever medecins that a doctor may write on the prescription.

You are lucky to have her. In fact, one has told me that they never discuss products with patients. Never …