4G phone signal

5g whold be better that government put especially in country side waiting for fiber that is newer going to happen here

Beforeā€¦ and after. Thanks Nigel. Very impressive ROI :grinning:

1 Like

Nice one.

ISTR one of the SFers banging on about how a good, especially external, antenna was important ages ago.

I wonder who that wasā€¦ :thinking:

Agreed, an external antenna is obviously desirable. But finding one that doesnā€™t involve drilling or making the study look like Jodrell Bankā€™s the trick. Iā€™m still in sensitive negotiations about also buying one for the Salon.

OTOH, what can you honestly do with all that additional speed?
We had an Orange landline which gave us just 4 mbps on a good day and an Orange TV decoder and it worked (in a fashion).
Without an external antenna we get with our 4G router image
and generally this meets our needs.

Well, itā€™s a mixed blessing. One might be tempted to stream but it burns through the gigabytes. At least if I want anything from BBC iPlayer now I donā€™t need to skulk around Carrefour with my laptop under my dirty mac using their (excellent) bandwidth.

1 Like

Excellent! I was surprised at how much performance was improved over the supplied ā€œ rabbit earsā€. It looks like TP-Link are missing a trick by not either supplying a better antenna with the MR600 or offering it as a paid upgrade.

I donā€™t stream anything just download it

I am amazed by the number of replies to my original post.

Another question:
Do you think I am better off getting a french data sim or bring one from the UK?
Bearing in mind that we are going to be in France for only 3-4 months.