A day in the life of an online admin

Saw this on another Facebook group. Made me smile :smile:

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb on Facebook?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether itā€™s ā€˜lightbulbā€™ or ā€˜light bulbā€™.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is ā€˜lampā€™.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that ā€˜light bulbā€™ is perfectly correct.

249 to post memeā€™s and gifā€™s.

19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

16 to post ā€˜Followingā€™.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post ā€œI canā€™t see S$%^!ā€ and use their own light bulbs.

7 to post URLā€™s where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLā€™s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLā€™s.

13 to comment ā€œMe tooā€.

5 to post to the page that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said ā€œfĆ·Ć—$ā€

22 to ask if there is a flounce in progress.

349 to post flounce memes.

4 to say ā€œDidnā€™t we go through this already a short time ago?ā€.

13 to say ā€œDo a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbsā€.

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isnā€™t the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

7 Likes

Should be a 100 metre monument inscribed with this on the lawn outside the entrance to:

Facebook
1 Hacker Way
Menlo Park
CA 94025
United States of America

Reminded me of thisā€¦x :slight_smile:

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

The answers:

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, weā€™ve got our whole lives ahead of us, and youā€™re inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

Border Collie: Just one. And then Iā€™ll replace any wiring thatā€™s not up to code.

Dachshund: You know I canā€™t reach that lamp!

Rottweiler: Make me.

Lab: Oh, me, me!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

German Shepherd: Iā€™ll change it as soon as Iā€™ve led these people from the dark, checked to make sure I havenā€™t missed any, and made just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

Maltese: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while heā€™s busy.

Jack Russell Terrier: Iā€™ll just pop it in while Iā€™m bouncing off the walls and furniture.

Poodle: Iā€™ll blow in the Border Collieā€™s ear and heā€™ll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still potty on the carpet in the dark.

Doberman: While itā€™s dark, Iā€™m going to sleep on the couch.

Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

Chihuahua : Yo quiero Taco Bulb

Irish Wolfhound: Can somebody else do it? Iā€™ve got this hangover.

Pointer: I see it, there it is. There it is, right there.

Greyhound: It isnā€™t moving. Who cares?

Australian Shepherd: First, Iā€™ll put all the light bulbs in a little circle.

Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? Iā€™m sorry, but I donā€™t see a light bulb?

Hound Dog: ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.zā€¦z.zā€¦zā€¦zā€¦z.

CAT: Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the question is: How long will it be before I can expect light?

6 Likes

Fabulous Helen. Especially the line about cats.

Reminds me of another saying:

Dogs have owners, cats have staff :laughing::heart_eyes::smiley_cat:

1 Like

How many psychologists does it take to change a lightbulb? Just the one but the lightbulb has really got to want to change
Why does it take 10 women with PMT to change a lightbulb? JUST BECAUSE IT DOES OKAY

3 Likes

Lolā€¦I think all cats are born knowing they are Deities amongst mortalsā€¦the Ancient Egyptians treated them as sacred and theyā€™ve never forgottenā€¦x :slight_smile:

2 Likes