A french law

Two things come to mind here

Stages : obligations de l'employeur | Entreprendre.Service-Public.fr.

2 Likes

Just had another thought
Did the employeur inform l’nspection du travail

1 Like

Accidents happen. He is 16, the law won’t see things quite the same way as if he were 10. Quads don’t have accidents all in their own so the gendarmes are likely to think he is partly responsible, no matter how unfair it may seem. Farming is tough. I agree about the inspection du travail, but are stagiaires covered by it? Depends on type of stage I suppose.

Bit of an outmoded thought. Risk assesments are primarily to go through and mitigate risks by control measures. Clearly none of that took place therefore farm management need to do some basic training. An appearance in some form of court is great for focussing the mind to prevent, where practical future repitions. Might suggest starting with the crash helmet?
Yes farming is dangerous, one of the most dangerous places to work, all the more reason they in charge should be looking to ensure standards are kept, who wants to work for an employer like that one?
Building sites were very dangerous places with 3 deaths per week in the UK. What happend, law (HSAWA) courts, fees for intervention, fines and a serious look into prevention. Now much safer places to work. Home Safe Every Night!

Well I’m a fairly typical older French person so I doubt it’s a particularly unusual view. I’m not saying it’s good or bad it’s just a fairly mainstream opinion.

Thats what I thought it would be Vero, thank you for being so upfront. Sadly whilst that is probably a main stream view it has to change, why do people not want to work in trades where death or serious injury could end or curtail their lives prematurely. The roads blocked by farmers wanting a better deal and not just money I suspect but better conditions. Sure as eggs, accountants wouldnt turn up for work if the tjreat of a photocopier could rip their arm off. My relatives will not now have their new hand made gates as the poor chap has numetous throat cancers, the cause most likely the gaseous metals he has inhaled over the years. The HSE in the UK issued a strong declaration that no one is allowed to weld without an air fed mask, same with grinding with angle grinders. “No exceptions!” Very strong for them but the rise in incidents has meant this is mandatory.

I’d just like to assure you and @vero that any stagiaire and employeur in the building industry or facilities management ( I can only speak of what I know of) and I imagine all other industries, have to sign a convention de stage with all the health and safety requirements taken into account and if paid you are a salaried person so the inspection du travail will act if notified!
Edit- if paid OR NOT the inspection du travail will act if notified!

2 Likes