A little advice needed

I am banned for something caustic I said.
Anyway I don’t want to post my reply for public consumption.
The car is not from U.K.
It’s passed all the European/French requirements.
Try to find a way to contact me directly. Perhaps the IT fellow can help you contact me.
Victoria has not bothered to tell me about her interest though it seems she’s getting her old car fixed.

Joan E. Fry

If the Skoda has passed all its European/French requirements why haven’t you just registered it? It’s so straightforward and something you need to do before you sell it anyway.

I haven’t done it for a variety of reasons.
You’d have to come pick it up.
It’s in excellent condition.
When I wrote dodgy Skoda I was mocking somebody in what I thought was British humour. Oops! Wrong again.

Joan E. Fry

“You are banned” - what do you mean Joan?

I had an email, from James I think, saying that 8 people objected to my comments and so I was banned by the community.
I’m actually not following any more, but thought I could help somebody by giving the car away.
But I don’t want to post details so I’ve suggested that we use PM, but that would require exchange of coordinates which I’d prefer was handled administratively.

I don’t want anymore time-consuming hassle about either the car or the ban.

But thank you for asking.

Joan E. Fry

@Joan_fry That’s not correct, you made two unpleasant comments which were ‘flagged’ by multiple community members.

You received the following automated system message;

Hello,

This is an automated message from Survive France to let you know that your post was hidden.

Your post was flagged as inappropriate: the community feels it is offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.

Multiple community members flagged this post before it was hidden, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

However, if the post is hidden by the community a second time, it will remain hidden until handled by staff – and there may be further action, including the possible suspension of your account.

For additional guidance, please refer to our community guidelines.

Ok, you must be right.
Anyway, I really don’t care.
Whenever two or more Brit expats gather together one can be certain quotes from the Daily Mail will follow.
You have a remarkably uneducated opinionated following- except for Brian Milne I’m always aware that ignorance is arrogance.

So, my car is no longer available and my membership is cancelled.

Joan E. Fry

Bye bye🤗

1 Like

Hi Joan

My personal e-mail is keanclifford@aol.com - if you would like to send me details directly I would be most grateful.

Kind regards
Kean Clifford

While we’re on the subject of second hand cars, can anyone tell me if private sellers are willing to negotiate on price here in FRance? I know in some places people get quite offended if you try and knock them down. Many thanks

Paul…

I would say that … car buying is much the same as house-buying… you need to find a good reason to make an offer below asking price., although a small movement is always possible.

Some folk made rude comments, then offer a lower price…that is definitely not the way to go about it. :rage: I refused to budge for a chap who did nothing but knock my Ondine (my pride and joy at that time). As I felt his comments were not merited… I refused his low offer and also refused to discuss further… Some years later, we met again and he asked after my Ondine… Why wouldn’t you let me have it? … 'Cos you were so rude… I answered with a beaming smile to take the sting out of my words…:wink:

So, a polite chat, then make a reasonable offer… :blush:

Hi Vicky,
Can you scan the CT & send it to me at rimmer@wanadoo.fr as I would be interested to compare prices. I usually find that I can get parts for up to 2/3rds cheaper than buying them with a trade discount from Citroen although for urgent parts it is necessary to sacrifice savings for speed! I drove past today & saw your car - apart from needing a wash it did not look too bad.

1 Like

Hi Mark! I will do as soon as I get the chance. I bit bombed out today! I’m scared to wash her, as I think its only the dirt holding her together!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thank you so much for your help. I really will come to you at the next crisis! I’m certain that will not be too far off! ahahahah. Your help is VERY much appreciated! xxx

Unfortunately it would seem not all customers are so lucky Avis de VEHICLE REGISTRATION SERVICES | Lisez les avis marchands de dvlaadvice.co.uk

I’ve heard horror stories about them. No only do they imply a connection with the DVLA but they hide behind the disclaimer that they are not original CoCs and may be accepted.

Similarly, I got stung using certificatdeconformite.net, took the money and never heard anything despite numerous attempts to contact. In the hands of the card provider to try to recover the money. Had to go to Land rover france and pay €220 ouch​:face_with_head_bandage::sob::sob:

While we are talking about Certificates de Conformity…

It should be realised that it is NOT always possible to get one…insurmountable problems can arise …and do !!

I know of Owners who have been forced to take their vehicles back to whichever country they arrived from… for disposal/sale there…

You are both right. But I have heard success stories too. Trustpilot has only had 4 reviews in total which may not be representative - eBay UK, for instance, has a Trustpilot rating of 1.6 (bad), DVLAadvice has 4.7 (also bad). Perhaps people are less inclined to post good service as good service is what is expected. I have had very poor experiences with Certifauto -
paid the asked for fee, heard nothing for weeks the got a demand for another 100 euros as it was a UK car! I would rather risk £65 than 300 euros.

I think I got lucky with mine. Big Blue was actually maufactured in France for the UK market and, as such, had a C of C in French! …Or I think thats how it was! It’s been a while and my brain hurts! :confounded::blush:

Yep… good for you…

sometimes… it is when the vehicle is manufactured in some out-of- the-way/non-UE country and then sold in UK…that’s when the problems can start…'cos France simply will not accept it… send it packing back to UK…oh dearie me… :scream:

1 Like