A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

7 Likes

Great sence of humour, the clock is ticking.

The fraud squad arrested a man today for selling secret formula tablets for eternal life.
It was actually the fourth time he’d been caught committing the same scam.
He’d previously been apprehended in 1764, 1848 and 1923 …

4 Likes

Came across a few sentences which I found amusing in the ‘The Atlantic’. The author, an American Dad, said this…

I glanced into my teenage daughter’s bedroom one spring afternoon last year, expecting to find her staring absent-mindedly at the Zoom screen that passed for high school during the pandemic. Instead, she was laughing uproariously at a video she had found. I asked her what she was looking at. “It’s an old man dancing like a chicken and singing” she told me.

I came over to her laptop, not being above watching someone making an idiot of himself for 15 seconds of social media fame. What I found instead was the septuagenarian rock star Mick Jagger, in a fairly recent concert, croaking out the Rolling Stones mega hit ‘I Can’t Get No Satisfaction’.

It comes to us all eventually doesn’t it.

On a more serious note, the article was ‘How To Want Less - that the secret to satisfaction has nothing to do with achievement, money, or stuff’.

5 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

I had a crisis in my 30s as a once young hard rocking guitarist - how could I still play like that when I wasn’t young?

:roll_eyes:

After a bit I did get over myself. :smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

A father walks into a restaurant with his young son. He gives the young boy three 10p coins to play with to keep him occupied.

Suddenly, the boy starts choking and going blue in the face.

The father realises the boy has swallowed the coins and starts slapping him on the back.

The boy coughs up two of the 10p’s but is still choking. Looking at his son, the father is panicking, shouting for help.

A serious looking woman in a blue business suit is sitting at the bar reading a newspaper and sipping a cup of coffee. At the sound of the commotion, she looks up, puts her coffee cup down, neatly folds the newspaper, places it on the counter, gets up from her seat and makes her way, unhurried, across the restaurant.

Reaching the boy, the woman carefully takes hold of the boy’s’ testicles and starts to squeeze and twist, gently at first and then ever so firmly, tighter and tighter! After a few seconds the boy convulses violently and coughs up the last of the 10p’s, which the woman deftly catches in her free hand.

Releasing the boy’s testicles, the woman hands the coin to the father and walks back to her seat at the coffee bar without saying a word.

As soon as he is sure that his son has suffered no ill effects, the father rushes over to the woman and starts thanking her saying, "I’ve never seen anybody do anything like that before, it was fantastic. Are you a doctor? "

“No,” the woman replied.

"I’m with the HM Revenue and Customs”.

12 Likes

OUCH!

Yes. I read that one too, and I wonder if that excerpt might have been the best part of the whole article. The rest seemed a shade on the self-aggrandizing side of ‘getting satisfaction’ out of life.

OK, it’s the end of the week, but with the weather right now a little (black) humour may not be a bad thing.

1 Like

“These are they” would be better!

This is apparently genuine:

1 Like

I am fairly sure you can get soap which washes your sins away too :grin:

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes