A memory of France

Mandy, Mrs Wozza, watches lots of programs & documentaries in French on YouTube, also if you have Netflix you can change the language settings & have subtitles in another language, try that until someone on here comes up with a VPN or DNS solution.
Happy you can listen to french radio again.

Thanks. I am using Youtube for the programs I miss. Not got Netflix unfortunately. TV not a huge priority for me at the moment but may try to find more solutions in the future.

Thanks for your help everyone.

1 Like

Mandy, how to get the news from France 24 in the UK

1 Like

I love the Belvoir elderflower cordial Mandy, when I’m over in the UK I bulk buy to bring back to France. I have managed to find an organic Elderflower cordial in Carrefour to ‘put me on’ when my stock runs out!!

1 Like

I like that too Dawn. There is also a new blackcurrant one which is lovely.

If you’re desperate for your Belvoir fix you could maybe try here. I used to use them a couple of times a year when I was in France, mostly for PG Tips (!) and they are very good.

https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/shop.asp?action=search

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Mandy, I’ll check them out. I managed to get a good deal through Amazon a couple of times but I noticed now they have put the prices up. Like the sound of the blackcurrant one, I’ll definitely give that a try. Same problem with my Dragonfly white tea and jasmine green tea bags, OH brought some home last week to keep me going! It’s funny isn’t it, when I’m in the UK (working) I do the opposite and take my ‘Cafe Long’ pods for my machine and my Bonne Maman little individually wrapped fruit cakes with me to give me a taste of ‘home’.

2 Likes

The Ginger and Lemongrass is fab

You’ve missed it for this year, but making elderflower cordial is so easy! I make quite a bit and freeze some in ice cube bags which makes and instant cool drink if you drop a couple in a glass of water. The rest I freeze in small plastic bottles and it keeps be going all year.

1 Like

I’ve no excuse either Jane, across the road from me are several elderberry trees!! A project for next year me thinks.

1 Like

Yes it is.