A memory of France

I saw these in the supermarket and they stopped me in my tracks. I’m used to seeing shelves and shelves of these but now it’s just a sea of Robinsons.

2 Likes

We had a disc of french café music, which we would play regularly and imagine ourselves in France … :hugs:

2 Likes

I still watch clips from my favourite French TV programs on youtube.

I don’t want to lose my French and I never speak it now.

3 Likes

Keep muttering to yourself in French - your Mum will probably think you’ve gone batty but never mind. Keep the brain cells working, be a shame to let it slip and you’ll need it for next year’s visit. :hugs:

4 Likes

I seem to do that a lot. Especially when I’m driving strangely.

My brother and his family want to visit friends who live near Bordeaux next year and have asked if I will go along with them to drive the hire car and help them with the language. Well, I had to think about that for a nanosecond before saying yes. I’m excited already!!

6 Likes

Maybe there’s a french conversation class nearby that would love to have you as a member?

1 Like

Mandy lots of French radio stations online - some UK based with more local news.

1 Like

That’s such a shame Mandy, you must miss it… I always find myself muttering replies to Stéphane Plaza on any of his broadcasts. Bet that’s among what you like to watch on YouTube too .
He is starting a new one next Monday " Mieux chez soi" where solutions will be proposed, by the usual architects and Stéphane, of how best to arrange the interior of your own home …
Keep an eye out for it on YT.
Great news about Bordeaux next year, we are all waiting and hoping you get good news about your place too … :hugs:xxx

2 Likes

Will definitely look into that Simon. Hadn’t thought of doing that, doh!!

1 Like

Oh I love Maison à vendre and Météo à la carte and Les carnets de Julie.

Will definitely look out for the new one. Have made a note of it. Thanks so much Ann.

Which supermarket did you see the sirop in?My nieces love it.

1 Like

Waitrose. It’s very expensive though.

So hard to get proper cordial in the UK now with just sugar in it. Everything has artificial sweeteners in it because of the new sugar tax. I hate the taste of all of them. The brand I buy most is Belvoir, Rocks is quite nice and some of the own brand high-end cordials are OK from Waitrose and M&S.

1 Like

Bottle Green near Stroud were the first in the market in UK with elderflower cordial.
People were paid to go out and pick, but they have their own trees now.
It is not diffcult to make yourself.
I have made two litres of gooseberry and elderflower ice cream and have just frozen more gooseberries and dried elderflowers to go with them

3 Likes

Do you drive strangely ?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I need a lesson in how to construct a sentence!!

Don’t worry Mandy, it’s quite normal for a Spurs fan !!

2 Likes

Here you go Mandy, though not sure it works in the UK
https://www.france.tv/france-2/direct.html from this link I can get all the French TV Progs (though I only watch them for televised rugby matches & election results)
For the radio https://ecouterradioenligne.com/

1 Like

Thanks Warren. The tv link doesn’t work in the UK sadly just like BBCiplayer doesn’t work in France. Lovely to hear RFM again.

Does Molotov TV work there Mandy ?

Yes but it’s asking me for a French credit card number which I don’t have. It’s only the first month that is free.

Ah well. Thanks. Worth a try.

1 Like